Chapter 15

Madison's point of view:

The building pass us by as Calum speeds through the street. I keep my arms crossed in my lap, trying to stay quiet. But Calum keeps pressing the gas.

"Calum, please slow down?" I mutter.

He just presses the pedal farther.

"Please Calum," I slightly beg.

He turns his head to me and just stares me in the eyes, like if looks could kill I would be six feet in the ground already. Then his stare returns back to the road.

"Well if no one fucking wants to listen to me then why should I listen to you," he remarks.

"Calum I do listen to you," I whisper.

"Uh no you don't, I was telling you how you were too blind to see that Michael loved you but you didn't fucking hear or I guess realize what else I said," his voice fades as he finishes his sentence.

Oh crap... he said he likes me but I was just listening to what he said about Michael. Why am I so stupid? Did I not realize he liked me after he kissed me? Fuck, I am oblivious to certain signs.

"Well I don't know what to do Calum," I say and rub the bridge of my nose.

"Why don't we just try? Just be with me right now, Michael is in the mental institute and he can't stop you from dating anyone... and he doesn't even have to know," Calum suggests.

"I don't know, he got pissed off from us just kissing much less dating," I don't think I want Calum. But I can't just tell him that.

"It's fine, I-I just don't know either," Calum sinks a bit in his seat.

—————

~at the house~

Calum pulls up into the driveway and some black car is parked in it, and I don't know anyone with a car like this.

I step out of Calum's car cautiously, Calum walks to my side to take me to the door... I guess that's what he's doing. But I don't know why he would if he's mad at me.

I knock on the door and Opal opens it.
It's weird, she has a bigger smile than usual.

"Hey we have some guest who came to see you... oh and hello Calum," Opal says optimistically.

I walk in unsure about who these guests are, Cal is still trailing behind me.

"Oh my god," I cover my mouth in shock.

"Luke!" I cry out.

"Luke?" Calum questions.

Luke runs up from the couch and hugs me tightly.

"I missed you so much," Luke says in the crook of my neck, which he has to bend down to reach since he's really tall now.

He lets go and sees Calum behind me.

"Calum?" Luke asks.

"Oh shit, hey mate," Calum says as he high-fives Luke.

"What the–" but someone cuts me off.

"Don't you finish that sentence, I raised you better than that," my mother says as she walks around the corner.

"Mom!" I walk up to her a give her a hug.

I so fucking glad they're here. But why are they here?

-

After everyone greeted each other Luke, Calum, and I went up to my room.

I sat on my bed while Cal and Luke sat in my two bean bags.

"So how long have you guys known each other?" I ask.

"Uh like ever since we lived in Australia, well ever since I lived in Australia... you weren't born yet," Luke says.

I just hum in response.

"I didn't even know you two were siblings, you guys don't look like each other at all," Calum states as he throws a bouncy ball up and down in his hand.

"Yeah that's because she's adopted," Luke smirks.

"No I'm not!" I playfully yell and throw a pillow at Luke's head.

There was a comfortable silence. I'm just glad Luke is here. And I'm glad I feel somewhat like a whole family now.

"So Madison, I gotta leave. I'll talk to you two later," Calum says as he leaves.

After Calum leaves and thee door shuts all the way Luke speaks.

"So you and Cal eh?" Luke wiggles his eyebrows up and down.

Now here comes the time where I  have to explain my situation with Luke. Great.

Calum's point of view:

I leave Madison's room and walk down the stairs, her parents talking.

I start sneaking down to hear what's being said even though I probably shouldn't.

I crouch down and sit on the one of the steps behind the wall so they can't see me.

"Oliver, you can't keep the reason for the divorce a secret from her forever," I'm assuming that's her real mum.

"So how am I supposed to tell her that she's the reason we have a divorce," her dad says in a stressed tone.

What does he mean by she's the reason.

"Don't you dare say it was only her, you know that you were cheating on me with your dumbass wife you have now," her mum sneers.

"Well if you hadn't sleep with another man to make her then we would still be together!" her dad remarks.

"You should've known she wasn't yours from birth, neither of us have brown eyes or hair!"

Oh shit, so Madison and Luke aren't really related.

I really need to leave and stop listening to this...

I casually get up and continue walking down the stairwell.

"Uh, bye," I awkwardly wave to her parents and exit the house.

Wow nice job of not acting suspicious.

But I shouldn't ever tell Madison what I heard... or should?