Chapter 23 •Just breathe•

I'm sitting at home, thinking about food, but also considering meeting Ethan at the park to talk things over. I check the clock and it's only 4pm. I wonder what Emily is doing, maybe I should call her. I pick up my phone and call her number. It rings two times before she answers. "Hello?" She says into the phone.

I couldn't help but laugh at her response, so I decided to see if she'll play along. "It's me."

The line is silent before she speaks again. "I was wondering if after all these years you'd like to meet."

"To go over everything."

"I've forgotten how it felt before the world fell at our feet."

"There's such a difference between us."

"And a million miles."

"Hello from the other side."

"I must of called a thousand times."

I laugh as we keep singing. "What are we doing?"

"I honestly don't know."

"I was actually gonna ask what you were doing?" I ask picking up a book.

"Um, I'm just cuddling." She says happily.

"By yourself?" I laugh.

"No, not by myself, wi-"

"Yeah yeah, with Casper the ghost. I get it, don't forget to invite me to your honey moon. Actaully, I'll help you set up your wedding, I-"

"Woah! Slow your roles. No one's getting married."

"Okay, well I'm coming over for a bit, if you don't mind?" I dont want to just barge in.

"No no of course not, you can come anytime." She replies.

"Ok well see you in a bit." I end the call smiling. I don't know what I would do without Emily. If she wasn't there to help me, then maybe things would've been the same right now.

I run downstairs to grab a granola bar, but then I put it back thinking about pizza. Mmm. If I got a large pepperoni pizza with stuffed crust, it would be heaven.. that would quickly turn into hell if I showed up to Em' and not offer. So I'll make that two large pizzas.

Emily, consider this an early birthday gift.

________

"Emily! I got you an awesome gift!" I yell as I walk into her house. I really hope her parents aren't home or else it would be just rude of me.

I walk up the stairs carefully as I'm still carrying the two boxes of pizza. "You are gonna love me after you see wh-" I stop mid sentence as I walk into her room. Let me tell you, BAD idea. I walked in on her & gray eating each other's faces.

"Um sorry I'll just wait until your both done". I try to walk out, but she called me back in. "No! No, it's fine. Sorry you had to see that."

"It's f-fine." I stutter looking at grayson. I still haven't sorted things out with him, so I'm kinda scared of him.

"Hey, I told you I wasn't cuddling with Casper the ghost." she chuckles at me before realizing I'm carrying a pizza.

"You didn't." She gawks at the pizza, man she really loves food. I don't blame her, I do too. I mean food is life.

"Oh..I did. I smile as I start opening the box.

"Gray, I'm sorry but my new lover is here and his name is Mr. Pizza." She says hugging her pizza box.

"Haha funny." He says wrapping his arms around her waist.

"Well I'll see you guys downstairs." I quickly dismiss myself from her room and run downstairs.

I find a comfy spot on the couch to enjoy my pizza. I open the box and just let the smell hit me, this is heaven.

A few minutes later gray comes down and sits by me, causing me to choke on my pizza. "Uh he-" he cuts me off.

"Listen here, loser, I don't know what you're doing here or why you're hanging out with my girlfriend, but you better leave her alone because if she finds out about what I do to you, you're dead".

Ohh, there it is, there's my cause to my panic attack. God, I can't breathe. Everthing is spinning. My wrists are itchy. I'm breathing heavily, I gotta get out of here. "I-I I gotta leave"

I glance at gray and see he looks concerned. "Katherine, you ok? What's wrong?" He comes closer & starts rubbing my back.

"I can't br-breathe. Get a-away from me" I back away still trying to catch my breath.

"Tell em I-i'll see her later" I breathe out. I get up & walk away, leaning on the wall so I won't fall over, considering everything is still spinning.

Aw man my pizza, should I go back and get it? No. ... yup.

I wobble back inside & grab my pizza & wobble back outside to my truck. Thank goodness my truck & car weren't a dream.

I reverse out of her driveway and leave to my house. I hope my dad is home, he usually helps me when I have these attacks.

I don't know how I'm able to drive.. but I am! It's freaky but I'm doin' it.

I make it to my house & leave my truck running as I head inside. "Dad?...dad!...DAD!!!" the yelling isn't helping me right now.

"Yeah honey?" He walks in the kitchen & sees me clutching my stomach, trying to breathe properly. He rushes over to me. "Hey.. it's ok, breathe, breathe in slowly..." I breathe in slowly. "Hold it for 5 seconds" I did. "Now breathe out slowly" I breathe out. "Alright now do that a couple more times, I'll be back, I'm gonna get you a blanket" he said walking away.

I'm so greatful for my dad, I don't know what I would do without him.

After a few minutes I got my breathing under control, just as he comes back with a fuzzy blanket.

"Your still shaking, come here" he motioned for me to go to the couch.

"You want to tell me what happened?" He asks coming closer to me.

I couldn't tell him about gray threatening me. "I had a scare while driving" I lie.

He looks at me with wide eyes. "You didn't crash did you?", he asks with worry.

"No! no i didnt" i reassure him.

"Ok well next time be careful" I nod. "Ok"

"Uh Dad I gotta go somewhere" I'm referring to meeting ethan.

"Ok just stay safe"

"Yup!" I walk back into my car and eat pizza on the way there.

I check the time as soon as I get to the park. 5:45.. not bad, where did the time go? Eh well.

I started eating a few more slices because food is life <3.

Half way through the pizza I froze... there he is, ethan dolan. Standing right in front of me.

"You want some pizza?..." I offer awkwardly.

***********

Sup dudes & dudettes, did you like the chapter? I know it wasn't the best but I tried. If you liked this chapter.....vote?
Oh and I published the first chapter for my new book, it's called 'can you keep a secret?' Please check it out and leave a vote if you like it please? Oh and let me know what you think......bye<3