past is the past

I walk inside fixing the dress my mother gave me not even a week ago ( http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=209816785 ) i smile hugging my mom before walking to the crowd seeing some familiar faces . as I walk up to my mom hugging her '' so how's college '' my mother says showing no interest '' well college is going great if I keep up my good work the school says I can graduate next year .'' I say with a smile '' I don't see why you chose music over being a law major '' my mom says shooting me down like always '' well you said if I took it in middle school I had the choice of what I wanted to take for college .'' I say as she shakes her head taking a sip of her drink '' that was before your father left '' she says walking away I shake my head . I sigh closing the door behind me as I take a seat at my piano as I place my fingers on the cold notes looking at the music in front of me I jump looking back a hearing the door opening seeing '' hey '' the person says looking into my bluish grey eyes '' Alex '' I say pulling her into a hug . '' so you heard '' she says as I nod '' yeah but who needs Kat when I've got you '' I say with a smile as she smiles back at me '' so where you've been '' I ask as she smiles '' so i kind of met this guy while i was out spray painting and we kind of started dating and everything .'' I smile jumping '' so what's his name '' I ask '' Ashton '' she says i look at her shocked '' as in Ashton Irwin '' i ask as she nods confused. '' you listen to them too '' she says with a growing smile '' you remember that game i played all the time well i met Michael on it '' i say as she hugs me . '' so you and Michael huh '' she says teasing me '' ha no he probably thinks of me as a friend i say as she rubs my shoulder '' yeah right '' she says walking out of my room '' wait what do you mean. '' i say running out behind her as i run into someone falling to the ground '' hey '' i say as i look to see a red head walk away i look down moving my hair away from my face as i hand is extended to me . i gladly take it as I'm helped up i quickly dust myself off i look up '' thank you '' i say before my bluish grey eyes connect with the eyes of the man I've come to miss dearly i look at him with tears '' hey dad'' i say ignoring everyone around me .