Stockholm Syndrome (Akutagawa)

Okay. I know you're wondering this. The reader will have a Stockholm syndrome in here. But the reader's actions are a little bit different from the other "Stockholm Syndrome" stories.

---

You're a member of the Armed Detective Agency and you don't have any abilities at all like Ranpo.

But you're good at making hand drawn maps and draw the criminal's face when someone describes them. But you're one of the weakest also, bringing the enemies from targeting you the most.

So now, you're sitting in the Mafia's chamber lounge as the hostage.

Your hands are chained and your weapons are gone. But you're still fine.

Your captor came inside the room. His eyes full of insanity and his long black coat flowing as he walked. You've been in here for the past four weeks. But something is wrong with you.

You'd stare at him whenever you got the chance. And sometime later, you even started thinking about him lately.

But you felt disgusted by it.

Why do you always stare at him? Why do you always listen to him? Why is he always in your mind?

It's because you love him.

You don't know why. You just... did.

But you didn't like the feeling. You wanted to cry and puke all the thoughts about him.

You wanted to erase his face from your brain, but you can't.

For you, this love is torture.

Because he's an enemy. He's from the Mafia.

"Your food." He said, no emotions directing it. He gave you a plate of rice and some soup with water. Just bland food. What would you expect?

You lowered your head but you didn't eat. You glanced at him for awhile but started to eat slowly.

As you looked at him behind your curtain of bangs, he looked mesmerizing. But at the same time, disgusting.

He just sat there, in front of you. Waiting for you to finish.

'Is he not going to leave, unlike last time?' You thought. You've been so focused on staring at him that you accidentally choked onto the food, making you cough and be in a little pain.

Akutagawa panicked a little, but got over it as he cupped your face with his hand and let you Drink water with his other hand, that's holding the glass.

You didn't gave it a second thought as you quickly snatched the glass of water, and chugged it all.

"Why did you do that?! I can do it on my own, you know!"

He look shocked, "Be thankful that I'm at least helping you because we need you alive!" He spat, "You almost died!"

"So what?! Do you care about me that much?" You glared at him, "You're an enemy! You should have spit some drool on me while saying pathetic things to my faceー"

You got cut off by him slapping you across the cheek. You fell on your side because of the impact and the pain.

"Why the fuck did you do that?!" You shouted at him while you held your cheek.

"That's what you wanted me to do, right?" He said. His black eyes darkened into a glare.

"So what?"

"Stop complaining. I don't want anyone to be hurt right now." He said as he got closer to where you are.

"Wait... what..." You stopped, "What are you doing...?"

He didn't responded. He just came closer to you.

"Wait... no, please..." You begged. You wanted to get out now.

You closed your eyes tightly as you bowed your head in fright.

But no impact came.

But actually, you can hear and feel the rattling of the chains on your wrists.

You opened your eyes and you saw him opening it with one of the keys.

"Hey... I thought you're my enemy?" You asked, confused, "Why are you unlocking the chains?"

He's just silent.

Once he finished, he stood up, patted the dirt away from his trousers and started trotting away at the entrance, "I'll say that you escaped. Go." He pointed at the window above you that has no bars.

You looked at him, "Areー are you crazy?!" You shouted, "Why are youー"

"It's none of your business! Go! Now!" He spat, and walked straight to the door before closing it tightly.

You're dumbfounded but you need to move fast.

This is your only way out of this chamber.