Chapter Six

I don't sugarcoat shit. I'm not Willy Wonka. I tell it the way it is, and I ain't sorry about that.

 I tell it the way it is, and I ain't sorry about that

The next two hours were torture. I sat in class, but couldn't concentrate on anything. I didn't pay attention to a word the teachers said.

I grabbed my phone several times, and sent countless texts to mum, but she didn't reply to any of them.

This, however, did not tell me a thing. I knew she hated using her phone, and she only checked her private messages after five. Don't ask me why, she never told me, and I was never interested enough to ask.

But now I wish I had.

I wished that I was more interested in what mum did when she was home alone. I wished I was close enough to her, that she would tell me what the hell was going on between her and dad. I wished that I cared more. Maybe if I did, none of this would have happened.

The school bell rang, and I didn't linger in the school corridors. I ran for the door, and I think I was one of the first people to get out of school.

I ran to my house, who knew, maybe I was a second too late.

Please god, please make sure she's fine, I promise I'll help more around the house if she is fine. I'll give up smoking. I'll give up the drugs. I'll be more caring. Just please, let her be alright when I get home.

I reached home, and I opened the front door, holding my breath.

There she was, in the kitchen, safe and sound.

I had never been more glad in my life.

I got up the next morning with no problem whatsoever

I got up the next morning with no problem whatsoever. I had slept well, and had a good night's sleep.

I had slept for 16 hours in total.

Yesterday, me and mum spent the evening together. I ditched the homework and we baked cookies, and ate them while watching The Fault In Our Stars.

Dad has also left yesterday. So did Juliette. No surprise there.

Today I planned on wearing my usual shorts, since dad was no longer here.