CHAPTER 28

Laksh was thrilled with his acquisition. This was a thoroughbred and he felt excited. Yes they would win it this time.The picture of the horse on his laptop brought goose bumps to him. He was going next month to Mumbai to race the horse he bought. If his father knew that he was trying his luck on this horse, he would kill him. No one, not even Adarsh knew that he was betting money on horse racing. Only Sanskar knew about it. He was not sure how Sanskar came to know about it.

He was mulling over it when he heard a phone ringing. He looked around his bedroom. It was not his phone. And Ragini always carried her phone. This did not even sound like her ring tone.So he followed the ring sound and opened the wardrobe from where he heard the sound.It was indeed Ragini's phone and she had left it in the cupboard. He picked it up and saw that it was an unknown number. He connected the call

'Hello Ragini Maheshwari? We have fixed your appointment for this Monday at 11.30.' the voice in the other end informed,
'Ok I will tell her.' Laksh replied confusedly
'Who is speaking?' the caller asked
'Laksh Maheshwari' he said
'Oh, her husband....Please pass on the message to Ragini'
The call was disconnected. Laksh stared at the phone in bemusement. He shared the number to his contact. He kept her phone back in the same place and he keyed in the number from his phone.
'Hello..... West Bengal Institute of mental health and science' the person on the other end answered. Laksh was perplexed. Why was Ragini getting an appointment here?
'Hello, can you give me your address? I want to bring a patient.' he said
'Which Doctor do you need an appointment with?' he was asked
'I will fix it later. Please give me the address first.' He said. He noted the address and pondered over it. Thinking back, he recollected that Ragini went somewhere every week with her grandmother. Maybe it was dadi who needed treatment. Why did she never tell him about it? Not that they ever sat down and talked. She was always busy in the kitchen and he was either in the office or engrossed with horse racing. He decided to follow Ragini on Monday if she did not tell him about the appointment.
He looked out of the window and realised that it was raining heavily. He had to meet the jockey today but cancelled it and rescheduled for the next day.

Swara walked back to the entrance of the park but stopped midway when she saw him.....

For there stood Sanskar, soaked to the skin with a bouquet of wet and moist red roses in his hand...

Swara stood frozen on the spot but Sanskar strode towards her. The rain did not abate. His thick lock of hair was plastered to his forehead and water dripped from them. His shirt and trouser were clinging to him like second skin and his shoes were sodden but it was his eyes that arrested her attention.They radiated heat and smoldered with powerful emotions.

As he stood there with the rain, stormy clouds and trees as the witnesses, he went down on one knee and handed her the flowers. She shivered and took them. He took her left hand and brushed a light kiss on the inner wrist.

'Swara, will you please do me a favor?' he asked huskily. Swara watched him with her pulses galloping at breakneck speed...

'Will you stop taking that horror called your Scooty at night on the streets?' he asked. Her jaw dropped and she stared at him

'Please, it gives me ulcer thinking of you riding it at night...And Swara Please marry me so that you won't throw this beautiful ring whenever and wherever you get furious..'He took out the ring from his pocket and Swara frowned...No, she actually scowled at him

'Also Swara, I need high security which only you can provide..Don't you think I need protection from sirens like Mrinal?' he asked very innocently as if he was actually scared.

She stood looking at him with comprehension dawning on her. And then she saw that slow mischievous grin spreading on his face. She threw the bouquet at him violently and walked away. He caught the bunch of flowers. They were soggy and disheveled.He dumped them in 'Use Me' bin...