FINAL CHAPTER

The wedding rituals of Swara and Sanskar were a mixture of Marwari and Bengali Ceremonies.The Sangeet ceremony on the previous night of the wedding was held at Maheshwari House.It was a memory trip for Swara and Sanskar because Swara's friends enacted the whole sequence of their story. Ishan helped them in narrating it.The Finale of the dance performances had Swara and Sanskar dancing to the tune of 'Tum Ho.....Mere Liye'. After the problems they faced, they were finally going to be together as man and wife. Nothing could have dented their happiness. They lost themselves in the moment and enchanted everyone with their spins and twirls.

Karan, Nadira, Ishan, Nivedita and many of her friends from Baadi and office attended the Sangeet Function.They expected a huge crowd at the wedding too. Sanskar's friend, the cabinet Minister would be attending along with his colleagues.The Documentary on Refugee Camps was a huge hit and the Minister was officially declared as the front-runner for the post of the leader of the party.

The families were slowly getting over the trauma of Ragini's illness. Her treatment had started with vigor and urgency. Swara was heartbroken for Ragini but life had to go on. There was nothing she could do other than make sure that her sister was under the best care. If Dadi had told someone earlier, they could have averted the downward spiral of the illness but then, mental illness is still considered taboo in India. People don't realize that like other illness, this could also be treated with proper care and medicines. When Swara brooded over Ragini and Hridoy, Dida advised her to accept life as it comes. Her wise words made Swara cherish her relationship with Sanskar. Not everyone in the world was lucky to attain a true soul mate.

After the Sangeet function and dinner, the family gathered in the lounge to discuss the wedding preparations. The guests had left some hours ago and it was just the family. Swara and Sanskar were listening to the elders' discussion when Nivedita came back with Ishan. She had left after dinner but now she returned. Swara knew the reason but others were surprised to see her. Sanskar nudged Swara 'Did they forget something?' Swara shook her head and said 'She has a surprise for you...' Sanskar looked at her questioningly.

Nivedita approached Durga Prasad and spoke....

'I am sorry that I did not tell you earlier about it but I think it is time to let you know......' Everyone looked at her with confusion and surprise,

'Niraj........' she called. A seven to eight year old boy walked in through the entrance door. He stopped hesitatingly at all the strange faces but Ishan propelled him forward and he shyly walked towards his mother and Durga Prasad.

Sanskar was stunned and shocked. For, there stood a mini version of Suraj. There was no doubt about the same gentle face, same innocent eyes and similar stance. Swara laced her fingers through Sanskar's and he asked her hesitatingly...'Is it?' and Swara nodded...Sanskar was emotionally moved....

Sujata was stunned. She saw her sister's eyes and Suraj's innocence in the little angelic boy. Tears blurred her eyes. She could not believe at the good fortune. Ram Prasad saw a little version of his nephew. But it was Durga Prasad who was shocked beyond anything. He walked to the child and bent down to his level. His fingers caressed the boy's face but the boy flinched and he looked at his mother. Nivedita moved closer to the boy and said 'Your grandfather....'

The boy watched Durga Prasad's face intently and asked 'Are you?' Durga Prasad nodded and studied the boy emotionally. Was it really true? His Mohini and Suraj were rolled into this little one. The same eyes, same innocence and the same smile! He murmured 'God has given him back to me...' and looked at his brother, 'Ram, see the miracle of god....Suraj has sent his son to me...'Saying this, he wept again. Ram Prasad and Sujata comforted him. Nobody had any words to express their happiness....