Chapter 4

The next day at lunch Kuroko sat on the edge of the roof. He had told Hinata meet him up there. Kuroko layed back and closed his eyes. He sighed.

"Kuroko-san?" Hinata asked. Kuroko looked up at him.

"Hey." He sat up again.

"How are you?" Hinata asked.

"Good." Hinata sighed.

"Look, Kuroko, Im sorry about yesterday. I was worried, I didnt want for you to be hurt at home its-"

"Lets not talk about that, Hinata."
"Well, uh.. what do you like to do?" Hinata asked.

"Basketball." Kuroko replied. "I was part of a team in my middle school, Teiko, that was dubbed 'The Generation of Miricles'. It was me, Murasakibara-kun , Kise-kun, Aomine-kun, Shintarou-kun, and Akashi-kun. Then we all split up. I went to Seirin, Aomine-kun went to Gakuen, Shintarou to Shutoku, Murasakibara to Yosen, and so forth. I met Kagami in Seirin. We were often called a freak duo-"

"Kageyama and I are called a freak duo, too."

"Well, you see, Kagami-kun found out and tried to confront some of my family. And thats why i was moved here."

"Wow, you just went on a life story there..." Hinata chuckled. "Im sorry though."

"Mm." Kuroko looked away. "You should tell your story... I mean if you want to..."

"Ah. Well I was interested in Volleyball since middle school. In fact we played in a match with Kageyama's old team. Haha, I hated his guts back then! Then we both ended up going here. That was mainly because Bakayama wasnt accepted to the school he wanted to go to. So we joined the volleyball club here. We had our fights but now were friends..." Hinata touched the tips of his fingers together. Kuroko sighed.

"Mm." He hummed in response. "I see we have a little in common, being we're both short, for one, we're both called dumbass, we're both in a 'freak duo' and so on..." Kuroko said.

"Yeah and we both play sports!" Hinata's face lit up. Jesus Christ He's... cute.... really freaking cute Kuroko thought. He smiled.

"Oh my god! Your smile is so cute!" Hinata exclaimed. Kuroko blushed and looked away.

"Thanks- Yours is too." Hinata blushed.

"Thank you!" Hinata giggled. They sat in silence for a little while. It was a nice day. "Kuroko-san, do you think we might could be friends?" Hinata asked.

"Yeah... i like you." Kuroko replied.

"Lunch is almost over, want to walk to class together?" Hinata asked, getting up and holding a hand out to help Kuroko up.

"Yeah, I would." He held Hinata's hand and pulled himself up. Hinata smiled.

"I like you too, Kuroko!"

· · ·

Kuroko walked with Hinata and Kageyama to practice. Hinata told jokes on the way, occaisionally getting smacked in the back of the head by Kageyama. Kuroko laughed at a few of them, which kind of scared Kageyama. He had never seen the blue haired one smile, much less laugh.

"Hi Hinata-kun, Kageyama-kun. Is this Kuroko-kun?" Daichi asked. Kuroko nodded.

"Where's Sugawara-senpaii?" Hinata asked.

"Suga had to stay late at the college to complete a project." Daichi replied.

"Ah.." Hinata nodded. "Hey Kuroko want to learn a bit of volleyball? You can teach me some basketball!" He asked holding onto Kuroko's hand.