Seven

Why am I awake this early? Well, technically I'm not fully awake. I'm still in bed with my eyes closed, but for some strange reason I woke up. You know what I mean? You fall asleep and you wake up in the middle of the night for no apparent reason.

Anyway, not wanting to open my eyes just yet, I snuggled a little bit towards my pillow. Wait, when do pillows breathe? I opened my eyes to see a sleeping Alec next to me. My head laid on his chest and one of his arms were wrapped around my waist. Now, I remember...

"You sure you're alright?" Alec asked.

I nodded. "Just like I told Izzy, I'm fine. Seriously, Raphael wouldn't hurt me."

"And how do you know him, exactly?"

I sighed. "I met him on one of the missions. We were about to attack each other when the group of shifters came and started attacking us. He helped me when he could have left, but didn't. After that, we just started talking."

"You know the Clave doesn't approve us being friends with Downworlders."

"You act like I'm dating him. Raphael and I have no romantic feelings towards each other. I'm not interested in him like that, he even knows it."

"You could do better."

I got up from my bed. "Like who? Some other Shadowhunter. Excuse me for saying this but most of the Shadowhunters around here...major pricks. Not you and Jace, of course. And personally I believe in the whole 'if two people are destined to be together' thing."

He crossed his arms. "Doesn't matter what you believe in. We're taught to not feel anything because our emotions get in the way." Like he would know what he does to me. I let out a yawn. "I'll leave, let you sleep before you rip my head off," He joked.

I grabbed his arm before he could leave. "Could you stay for the night? You know like old times."

He smiled. "Sure. Anything for you, Sammy."

I didn't realize I was staring at him until he began moving. "You know, it's creepy to stare at someone when they're asleep?" Alec mumbled.

"Sorry, I was just thinking."

He slowly looked down at me. "About?"

I sighed. "It doesn't matter."

He was about to reply when my room door opened and Izzy came in. "Guys, Simon's trying to leave."

"Let him," Alec mumbled.

I hit his chest before getting up. "He'll be dead within the week if he leaves." I threw his shirt at him before leaving, with Izzy following.

"So, what happened back there?" Izzy asked with a smirk.

"Nothing happened. We talked, I got tired, and asked if he could sleep with me for the night. And not that way before you start coming up with things."

She chuckled. "Why can't you just admit your feelings to Alec?"

"Because now is not the time."

"And when is?"

"Never."

I ran to the control room it in time for Simon tell Jace, "You don't get to talk to me, Captain America."

"Considering I'm the guy with the weapons, I get to say what I want," Jace said.

Simon raised his arms. "Ok, come at me, bro!"