Nine

Why am I always the one getting knocked out? Seriously, first vampires and now werewolves.

I opened my eyes and found myself in an unfamiliar room. I quickly got up and scanned my surroundings. Where am I? I'm not at the Institute, hell, I'm not even in Clary's loft.

The door opened and here comes a smiling Magnus. "Oh, good. You're up."

I grabbed my head. "What happened?"

"You lost a lot of blood and blacked out. Your brother asked to me to fix you up after I fixed up the werewolf."

I furrowed my eyebrows. "But, why you? No - not that there's anything wrong with you. Thank you, for that. What I mean is, why did he bring me here and not the Institute?"

"That, my lovely Samantha, is something you should ask him. And since you're finally awake." He waved his hand and a martini with a little umbrella appeared in my hand. He smiled. "How about that drink?"

I sighed as I placed my drink on the dresser. "I don't have time to drink, Magnus. Where's Jace?"

He rolled his eyes. "Someone's a bit cranky this morning. He left to get some ingredients I need for the wolf with Simon. This next one though, I need you to get."

I nodded. "Sure. Anything? It's the least I can do since you healed me and all."

"I need you to get Alexander."

"Why do you need Alec?"

"For...Shadowhunter virgin energy."

I gave him a confused look. "Virgin energy?"

He sighed. "Yes, virgin energy. I would have asked you, but something tells me that you handed your flower a bit early. I did ask your brother, but he's not currently speaking with him."

"Ok, I'll go get Alec."

I walked around Magus to leave but he let out a loud hiss. "Yes, about that...you can't leave. Not yet at least."

"Why not?"

"The ingredients I used on you is not quite finished. Jace went to grab it with the others. So, you need to call Alexander and get him here."

"What makes you think he's going to come here?"

"I don't know, Samantha. Maybe he's going to come for the greater good," Magnus said sarcastically.

I narrowed my eyes at him. "What's the real reason?"

"Now, where's the surprise in that? I would love to call, but he's more likely to say yes if you're the one asking him."

There's more he's not telling me. I could see it in his face, but I'll let it slide for now. "Fine. I'll call him, but I make no promises."

He smiled. "Excellent." He walked out the room. Two seconds later he popped his head back in. "Oh, and feel free to stay anytime. I would love to have you over."

He walked out again. I sighed before taking my phone out.

Alec answered on the third ring, "Sammy, you all right? I was just about to call."

I ignored his question. "What's this about you and Jace not talking?"

He sighed. "It's a bit complicated. But you guys need to come back to the Institute. And bring Clary."

"And we will, but you need to help me first."

"No, I'm not messing around."

"Me either. I need your help."