Chapter 8, Better Off As Lovers

Harrys POV

We lay there, under a blanket on the sofa, me laying behind her, the soft skin of her back touching my chest, my hand resting on her stomach as it woudl gently rise and fall, her scent filling ny nose. She turned around to face me, planted a soft playfull kiss on my lips.

She got up, putting on her lace french knickers and my t shirt.
"Tea?" she smiled

"Yes please" i said as she disappeared into the kitchen.  I put my boxers on and followed her into the kitchen. She had her back to me as she was standing by the kettle, waiting patiently for it to boil. I walked up behind her, grabbed her waist and pulled her to into a hug and rested my head on her shoulder. She giggled, turned around and kissed me softly on the lips. I could feel her lips occasionally turning into a smile agains't mine. "Kettles ready" she said as she turned around to make the tea. I just stood there, absorbing her, the way she did things, the facical expressions she would push. She handed me a cup of tea and we went back into the living room, under the blanket and turned on the TV, her legs on my lap as she lounged under the shared blanket. She put 'MythBusters' on. I spent the rest of the day at hers, just chatting, watching tv and enjoying her company. It got to about 11.

"I should probbaly go home soon" i said with a yawn, her head resting on my chest rising for a second or two in the process.

"You could stay the night? I don't really like being on my own in his house" she said cutely

"I suppose i could" i smiled. "I am pretty tired though" i said through another yawn

"Me too" she said as she switched off the TV. She got up and walked over to the stairs.

"Come on then" she said smiling. Obviously, i obeyed and walked upto her room, gathering the pile of clothes that had been neatly folded up on the table.

We got to her room, i hadn't been in it before. The first thing i noticed is how it smelt like her perfume, enticing and welcoming. She had a lot of pictures on the wall and one by her bed, while she put her clothes away i walked over to them and had a look. There were pictures of her and a group of friends at some sort of festival.

"Where were these taken katie? Looks like fun." i said looking at the first few pictures.

"Oh, reading festival earlier this year" she smiled

"Wow, i've always wanted to go to Reading" i said, slight admiration in my voice.

I then noticed a few pictures of her and a boy who looked a few years older than her. He was tall with dark hair and blue eyes, They were wearing matching 'The Smiths' shirts, accept Katie's looked more like a dress. In one of the pictures she was on his back, her radiant smile shone brightly in the picture, she looked happy, really happy. There was another one of her, the boy in the previous picture and two other friends. A girl with short, blonde hair sitting on the lap of a boy with light brown, short spikey hair. The boy katie was sitting next to had his arms around her waist as they all smiled for the picture.

"Hey, who's the tall lad in these pictures?" i said, trying not to sound jealous and smiling

"Oh.. That's my friend James" she said, her smile faultering and her eyes, for a split second looking sad.

"You guys look pretty close" i said, again trying to to sound jealous

"We were i suppose" she said, sounding like she'd rather not talk about it,but i was curious

"Were you together?" i asked, keeping my eye on the picture where he had his arm around her

"Something like that" she said as she put her arm on my shoulder and smiled. "Well sort of, not really.. Well it's complicated" she said, her smile not faultering this time.
She obviously didn't want to talk about it, and without further questioning we both got under the duvet of her bed. We lay there, her legs next to mine, my hand on her waist, the other supporting my head. We kissed good night, out tounges meeting.