chapter 14

Jc asked me if we could go hang out somewhere else today. To get away from the guys and have some alone time.

Of course I said yes.

He drove me to a beautiful beach.

The sand was glistening in the sunlight. And the waves were moving in such a perfect motion.

"Come on, let's sit down." Jc says grabbing my hand leading me to the sand.

"Finally, we're alone." I grin and lean my head on his shoulder.

"Jc, Can I ask you something?" I tell him. Looking at the ground.

"Go for it." He says rubbing my arm.

"How many girls have you said this too? Do you just get a new girlfriend every month.. or?" I ask him. With worry in my eyes.

"I love you and only you. Why would you think I would do something like that?" Jc says while his jaw clenches.

"Idk I'm just worried." I reply. Trying not to make a big deal.

"I promise that I love you." Jc says as he plants a kiss on my nose.

--

I'm finally at home visiting my parents for a while. I haven't seen them in forever.

My mom knows everything that's happening with Jc and I.

I tell her everything about us.

My older sister decided to take me out to ride go carts and play at the arcade.

I get a call on my phone from an unknown number.

"Hello. Sorry to bother you but are you Alexis?" The strange man says.

"Yes, who is this?" I reply with confusion.

"This is Doctor Smith from the Memorial Hospital up in California. I am calling regarding a man you seem to be very close to named Jc." The man replies.

"He's my boyfriend. Is everything okay?" I'm worried.

"Jc was shot last night and he is currently on life support. We would like for you to come down and say your goodbyes, it would be a miracle if he made it. Thank you. I'm sorry. Have a nice night." The man then hangs up the phone.

I'm shaking.

Why did this happen. How did this happen? I just talked to him this morning.

I run to my mom and tell her that I am leaving to California. I told her everything that was going on.

--

I arrive at the hospital and a really kind nurse takes me to Jc's room.

He looks so miserable. He has bruises all over his perfect little face. His shoulder is wrapped up. That must have been where he was shot.

I'm so sad. Why did this happen. Who could have done this? Jc is so nice to everybody...

I hear a knock on the door, "Please say your final goodbyes.. We are pulling the plugs in 5 minutes."

Tears are streaming down my face.

"Goodbye my love. Thank you so much for treating me like a princess. You made me feel wanted, like I actually belonged in this world. Heaven has just gained another angel. I miss you so much baby. I love you. Always remember that, okay?" I whisper to Jc before I leave.

I plant a light kiss on his forehead and run my fingers through his hair one more time.

The nurse walks in and asks me to step out.

I hear the dead silence of his heart beat gone flat.

My heart just sank.

"Excuse me, Alexis?" An FBI agent calls me from behind.

"Yes?" I say wiping my tears, trying to look somewhat decent.

"I just wanted to let you know that we did find the person who shot your boyfriend." The agent says as she walks away.

"Wait... Who was it?" I ask.. Crossing my arms in sadness.

"Ricardo Ordieres. But I do want to give you something... Here's the bullet shell from the crime scene. I thought you might want that." The agent says and walks away into the darkness.

Ricardo. I'm going to kill him!!!!!

Well.. I stare at this bullet.. And I realize, that Jc did make me bulletproof.

He will never be forgotten.

I love you so much Jc.