Gate-crashing

A/N: I haven't updated in ages but I haven't given up on the story, I promise!

"I'll go in first and then you'll follow, no maybe the other way around, you'll go in first and then after a moment I'll also show up. Or maybe we will just go together and pretend that we had pumped into each other just there, behind the door or..."

"Let's go in, it's idiotic to stand in the hallway and mumble for another 5 minutes," Draco remarked.

"Just like that?" you asked, just to make sure.

"Yes, just like that," he chuckled and shook his head but not in a disapproving way.

"Oh, right... that's also an idea."

Draco mumbled the password and the door to the common room opened up. 

"There you are! I forgot to tell you all about that date I have coming up!" Pansy started walking up to you but then noticed Draco who had almost bumped into you because of that sudden stop you had made on the doorway. 

"Oh, you're also here Draco," she made a sound that was supposed to represent a genuine laugh but it sounded like she would have tried to whistle with her mouth full of pasta, " what a weird coincidence. I have to borrow Y/N for a second or two," she was still staring at Draco who hadn't said a word since entering the common room.

"Homework my ass," Pansy said when she was dragging you to your shared room," not that I care! I wouldn't give two shits about that guy anymore!" 

She was obviously bitter, she always started swearing more than usual when she was trying to cover up being mad. 

"You were going to tell me about an upcoming date of yours," you said and right after the words had left your lips Pansy's face lit up. 

"Yes! A date!" she almost squealed," with a decent gentleman, not a guy that would just... nevermind about that. I'm talking too much, what I'm trying to say is that I'm going on a date with Blaise!" she threw herself onto her back. 

"Blaise?" you asked and held back a few harsh words.

"Yes, Blaise! Haven't you noticed how hot he has gotten in the last few years? Well you weren't here to witness it but ughhhh, I've never thought of him in that way but when he asked me on a date it just sort of clicked and... aren't you happy for me?" 

"Of course I am, it's just that... I've never pictured you with him, I guess," you wanted to tell her about what had happened between you and him but it didn't seem right anymore.

"You're probably just jealous!" 

"Pfff," it sounded like someone was choking you.

"Okay, maybe not. Just be happy for me you cold distant friend!" she threw her hands around you and this time you were really choking.

"Can't.... breathe..."

"Sorry, or maybe not... depending on whether you're happy for me or not!"

"I am, I am," you looked into her eyes," just be careful, okay? I wouldn't say he's too much of a gentleman." 

"I'm a big girl who can take care of herself, thank you very much, mother!"

"I'm not kidding!" you tried to sound serious but her lovestruck look made you giggle.

"I will, happy now?" Pansy stood up and fixed her skirt.

"For now, I am!" 

"You're scaring me for the second time in one day Y/N."

"Oh don't bring Potter up again!"

***Time Skip***

"Can I ask you something?" you asked and turned yourself a bit on his lap to make eye contact.