Three: Target Practice

Chapter 3

We head back to Peter's camp. Tree forts a built high up. A fire pit is lit up in the center of the camp. The flame is dying out. But, by one wave of Peter's hand, the flames instantly fire up.

"Leave us," Peter commands to the boys.

"Pan-" one hooded, tall lost boy says.

"Leave. Us. Felix." Peter grinds through his teeth. The boys go up to their tree forts.

"Where's my brother?" I ask sternly, sitting on a large log around the fire.

A piece of bread appears out on his hand. "Hungry?" He asks, holding out the bread.

I roll my eyes and sigh, snatching the piece of bread from his hands. Good, eat, I thought, you'll need the energy for later. I guess I was pretty hungry. All I ate was some berries Killian found last night.

"What were we talking about?" Peter says after swallowing his bread.

"My brother," I grunt.

"Oh right," Peter starts, walking around the fire. "How about this, in order to find your brother, lets make it a game; a puzzle to solve," he leans into my face, holding a crossbow. "I call it Target Practice,"

"Boys!" he yells.

The boys shriek and laugh, climbing down the ropes from their forts. "How about some good old fashioned Target Practice?" Peter smirks. The boys chuckle.

"In Target Practice, you must take this crossbow and shoot the apple on top of one of the boys' head," Peter explains," If you shoot the apple, i'll give you a hint on where your brother is."

"Fair enough," I say, grabbing the crossbow from Peter's grasp. The tall, hooded lost boy, who is Felix, I think his name was, stands directly across from me. On his head is a big, red, shiny, apple.

I aim my weapon directly at the apple. Releasing the trigger, I hear the bow slice through the center of the apple, barley missing Felix's face.

The lost boys murmur in shock. Peter looks back at them, smiling at them. Without thinking, I shoot the crossbow at Peter's chest. The boys stop whispering and smiling, their faces fading. I didn't hit Peter, not at all. Peter catches the bow with one hand, right before the bow slices through his chest.

"Those aren't the rules. That's not fair," Peter smirks, almost smiling. He throws the bow down to the ground, "So no hint for you,"

"Bastard!" Was the last thing I screamed before everything went black.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I woke up with a pounding headache in a bed, overlooking Neverland's forest. I made the mistake of sitting up. I groaned in pain.

"Well, someone's up!" Someone chirped too cheerfully.

"Shut up! My head is pounding, and this is all your fault!" Slight dizziness battles my head as my words attempt to sting him.

Suddenly, Peter climbed on top of me, straddling me by the waist on the bed. Both of my wrist were clutched by Peter's grasp. He pushed me down by the shoulders, making me hit my head on the pillow, which cause more pain to my aching head.

"Listen here sweetheart, and listen closely. I will not be talked to like that on my land. I own this land, and in the way I own you. So how about you shut the big mouth of yours before someone you care deeply about gets hurt. Got it?" Peter grits through his teeth, angrily and forcefully.

Yeah, I got it, I think.

"GOT IT?!"

"Oww..." I whimper, taking deep breaths as Peter moves a little off to the side. Once I retain myself, pursing my lips, I face Pan with an iron glare. "Yes I got it, you make yourself crystal clear."

"Good. Now get dressed," He said, getting off of me, grunting in the process, "we wouldn't want our guest to suffer another round of target practice, now would we?"