Sixteen: Ten Steps Ahead

Chapter 16

I needed some time to myself after what had just happened. The memories that were just created will always and forever flash through my mind every time I close my eyes. Okay, let's put this in the simplest way possible, I think to myself, pacing back and fourth.

I sit down on the cold dirt floor of Neverland. I think about Bae, and how he's still locked up somewhere. I think of Henry, who told me about Peter Pan and how he is just a character from a story. Regina, Emma, and the others run through my mind, I wonder how they're doing. Which leads me to Killian. Did he get off of Neverland safely? Is he hurt? Is he hydrated? And the last of all people I worry about is Felix. Does he actually still love me?

Sighing, I throw myself back to lie down, watching the stars sparkle from above. I close my eyes, forgetting all my worries for just a peaceful second. It felt good to know that I could have that moment, especially after mine and Peter's....

But that moment didn't last long. Foot steps appear beside me, causing me to jump and make my eyes snap open. It was an older man, who I did not know, not even recognize.

"Who are you?" I snap, standing up and holding my dagger up to his throat.

"An old friend of Peter Pan's." He hisses. Before I have time to scream, he covers my mouth with his palm and brings me to my feet, dragging me in the distance. A black bracelet clasps around my wrist. I try to pull it off, but it's grip is too strong.

The man notices me wrestling my wrist. "Can't have you use magic to escape, now can we dearie?" He ties my hands and my feet bounded together and taking my dagger, leaving me defenseless. Magic? I don't even know magic! I think. Another one of Peter's enemies is using me as bait and I hate it. I hate being his weakness.

My hands get pulled as the man urges me to move. Growling, I oblige. "Let me guess," I begin, wiggling off the fabric in my mouth, making him jump, "Peter killed someone you love?"

He stiffened. "Not exactly. He betrayed me and some revenge on him is needed." He then pulls me up, causing me to fumble.

As I regain my balance, I hiss, "Where the hell are we going?"

"We are going to make a scene," he growls, some of his spit landing on my cheek.

I ignore the saliva. "Peter's going to kill you."

"It'll prove me right,"

"And what exactly would you be right about?"

He yanked me closer, causing me to wince. "That he has a weakness. You."

"You would be mistaken, little Rumple." Peter appears cooly, leaning against a tree. "Guess you're not so little anymore. Still, it amazes me how well you think that you can strut around my island with such confidence," Peter continues, smirking, but doesn't look at me, "Or did you forget that I taught you all of the tricks that you now know."

"You also taught me how to use someone's loved ones against them," Rumple snaps, suddenly pushing me up against a tree, making me wince in pain as he holds my dagger up to my neck.

Surprisingly, Peter laughed. "Was that a threat? Do you really think that I care about some girl? I don't care about anyone!"

Ouch.

"Come on now, we all know that's a lie," Rumple said, shaking his head in disbelief, "After what you two just did? Okay," he rolls his eyes.

Peter is quiet for a second. "No its not. Dani here has a very special heart, one similar to Henry's. One incase Henry doesn't pull through," He starts to walk around Rumple in a circle keeping his eyes locked onto his, "Don't you see? Dani is honestly nothing more than a plan b. Go ahead and kill her. Don't you think I have a plan c and if that fails, a plan d?"

Peter comes face to face with Rumple. "The point is that, laddie, your playing my game. And while your thinking of your next move, i'm already Ten. Steps. Ahead."

The dagger pricks my neck slightly as Peter backs away into the forest. "Good seeing you again, Rumple." He disappears out of our sights.

"You heard him. Kill me." I scoff.

With a groan, Rumple pulls the dagger away, as I let out a huge sigh.

"You still maybe a bit of use to me," he says, walking toward the forest.

"How? Pan said that he didn't care about me," I choke out the last words.

"I'm sure you know a few of his secrets,"

I swallow the big lump in my throat, "Yeah, but only if you can get me off of this Hell hole," I scrunch my face at the thought.

"You help me and i'll get you out of here. Do we have a deal?" Rumple holds out his hand.

Hesitatingly, I shake it.