Twenty One: No Self Control

Chapter 21

Dani's POV

"You're not going to give me a makeover," Felix grunts as I make him sit down. He wines as I start to brush out his knotty hair.

"Oh, stop fighting it." I grin.

He groans, not stopping me until I hold out the scissors in my hands. "Woah, that's where you crossed the line." He tries to pull away.

"Come on Felix, just a little snip." I beg, trying to make my eyes turn to puppy dog eyes as I frown, giving him a pouty look.

He sighs in defeat. "Alright. Just a snip."

"Yay!" I sequel, clapping and cheering. "You won't regret-." Suddenly, the tent flap gets swung open as Peter storms in, breathing roughly.

"Peter," I set the scissors down, running into his arms. He holds me tightly.

"Are you alright?" He asks, placing his hands on my waistline.

"Yeah. Of course I am." I whisper.

It was silent for a moment. I break the silence. "What happened?"

"They have a plan. Your brother just told me that. No details or anything, but what I do know that Rumple is missing and he's coming for you." Peter pulls away, clutching his fists, trying to keep from breaking something. He then grabs my arm, pulling me outside.

"Can we stop them?" I ask.

"I'm not sure." He responds.

I look around to only still see the knocked out Lost Boys. "Where are the Boys?" I ask.

"Watching the intruders." He says, looking toward the forest.

"You left them alone? What if Regina uses magic-"

"She's knocked out."

"But what if she wakes up?"

He faces me again, taking my hand. "Dani, the only person i'm worried about is you. But unfortunately, Rumple knows that. The only way to harm me somehow is to harm you."

Felix coughs. "Um, guys, i'm still here."

"Sorry lad." Peter smiles apologetic at his friend.

Felix shrugs, smiling. "It's okay. A princess does need to be protected, right?"

I groan. "Don't call me that!"

"Oh you love it." Peter smirks.

Instead of admitting that I liked it a bit, I stick my tongue out like a child.

"Very mature." Felix laughs.

I turn my attention back to Peter. "Where are we going, anyway?" I ask.

He glances towards the island in the center of Neverland. "Skull Rock."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Peter's POV

The three of us enter Skull Rock. The bone- shaped stone is cold as the wind blows thorough the giant holes. We are here to protect Dani. I can see that Felix still clearly cares about her just as much as I do. But I can't let him get in the way of Dani and I.

"We stay here until nightfall." I declare, making up my mind.

"And then what?" Dani sounds exhausted. I can't blame her. It's been a long day.

I flash up to her, taking her hands, looking straight into her bright blue eyes. "We start our eternity together. A new beginning." I smile.

As she and I kiss, I can't shake the feeling that something bad will happen that will hurt Dani. Rumple is still out there, lurking to find us, and until he does, nothing would get in his way. Where did he go? Did he run? But I suppose that would make sense because he's a coward, and nothing more than that.