Seventeen: Screw Up

Chapter 17

That night, I spill most of Peter's secrets. I tell Rumple why Peter needs Henry for something, his heart apparently. "Your heart is the same has Henry's. If he doesn't care for you, why has he let you live?" Rumple asks, thinking about his question.

I shrug. "Not sure. I guess this was all Peter's plan. To get me to love him, to use me," I roll my eyes, looking down, "But the Lost Boys adore me, they are loyal to Peter because of me."

"Without you he has nothing."

"Well, he has himself. But that can get lonely," I say, looking back up, "Speaking of lonely, what happened between you two anyway?"

"I knew Peter and a few of the Lost Boys before Neverland. In the Enchanted Forest, we were all orphans who ran away in one big group. Peter was the eldest, fifteen, so he watched over our group. He was the leader. I was the youngest, only five, so I needed help a lot of the time. My father abandoned me that same year. But one day, the King's guards caught us stealing food and sent us back to the orphanage. Peter got the short edge of the stick. He was sent to prison in the King's dungeon, but somehow escaped, leaving to Neverland. He was like a brother to me." Rumple explained, looking down.

"Anything else happen?"I ask.

"Yes. Years and years later, Pan wanted more Lost Boys. I found him trying to steal my son away, Baelfire."

"Bae? Bae is your son?!" I gasp, standing up and holding my dagger up, "That means you're the Dark One! You cut off my brother's hand!"

"Ah, that's right, dearie. Almost forgot about Hook. How's he doing these days? And how do you know my son?"

"He's here. He found me. I was his friend back in the Enchanted Forest! Bae is my friend."

"He was a good kid and I screwed up over selfish acts," Rumple muttered as I put down my dagger.

"Looks like to me that your trying to get your son back, that doesn't sound selfish to me, nor you being a screw up." I grin.

"Thanks," he says, staying quiet for a moment, "now, get some sleep, tomorrow we are getting Henry."

I nod and lay on the ground, closing my eyes. I can't sleep because of a tisk noise that irritated me. I check to see if Rumple is asleep before I follow the noise.

"Hello love, glad to see you alive," Peter appears, leaning against a tree.

"You almost got me killed!" I yell.

"Hush," He says, placing his hand over my mouth. "I was protecting you."

I free my mouth. "That bullshit, Peter." I scoff.

"He would've killed you if I showed affection towards you." Peter points out, caressing my cheek. I swear to God, he is this drug that I can't get out of my veins.

"What if you were wrong and he killed me anyways?"

"Aren't you forgetting? Peter Pan never fails. I would've stopped the blade from cutting you because it would've caused serious damage."

"That's reassuring," I hiss, rolling my eyes as I push Pan out of my way.

He steps in front of me again, holding a beautiful purple flower. He looks at me with big eyes as he bites his lower lip. "Is there anyway I can be forgiven?" He smirks, pulling me in, feeling my body. No, Dani, don't fall for it, I think to myself as he starts to kiss me. I enjoy his touch for just a moment until I pull away.

"I don't want to be here anymore, Peter. I'm helping Rumple tomorrow. Then I am leaving Neverland."

"Here I thought that you wouldn't run away with anyone? What if I told you that we can both get off of this island, together?" He smirks.

"No trouble? No nothing?"

"Just you and I. All eternity together, just like we wanted." Peter pulls me into a tight embrace, kissing me on the top of my head.

"I don't know, Peter. To run away would be an awfully big adventure..."

"I need you, Dani."

"Why? Just because I'm your plan b?" I snap.

"No, because I love you. And without you by my side, I have no purpose in life. That is the truth." He intertwines our fingers together, kissing me one last time. "I'll be back, my princess." Then, he's gone.