Twenty Four: Goodbye

Chapter 24

Peter's POV

"What?!" I gasped. swooping Dani up into my arms bridal style, running all the way towards the camp where Tink, Adam and James sit, Tink immetatly stands up.

"Is it time?" Tink questions.

Dani screams. Tink nods, remembering our plan.

********

FLASHBACK

I talked to Felix as Tink walks into the camp. "Hello Tinkerbell," I smirk, making her look down to the ground.

"Pan," she grunts, looking back up at me.

"Look, don't think that i'm doing this for myself because I'm not. Once the child starts to age, the balance will be disrupted. Everyone will age except me and Dani, and everyone will die."

"I bet Dani would be fine with that after a few days," Tink mutters.

"How do you think Dani would handle the guilt? She cried for days when Hook, her own brother, had to leave her and it took me days for me to calm her down. Imagine what guilt she will feel when Adam and James, the two most innocent little boys die."

Tink frowned, slowly starting to cave in. "What will happen to the baby?"

"I promise you, I will not hurt it. It will live a normal life away from Neverland."

Tink nodded, agreeing to our plan, "But you must let the Shadow take Adam and James, too. That is my only request."

I nod. "Then we've got ourselves a deal."

***********

PRESENT TIME

Dani's POV

The pain was getting worse. I screamed again, squeezing Peter's shirt into a fist in my hand. "I hate you for doing this to me." I yelled.

He laid me down on the bed in the tent, Tink rushing in followed by Adam and James. "Dani, you need to push now," Tink orders as I oblige, Peter taking my hand as I push out my baby, sweat running down my forehead, taking deep breaths as I screaming in pain.

"Just a little longer now, Dani." Tink says in a calm voice.

"Agh!" My cries get echoed by something much smaller and quieter.

"Its a girl!" Tink announces.

I sigh in relief. I can see her. She's beautiful, her tiny hands moving up and down, her light brown hair and the most beautiful copy of Peter's eyes. Tink bundles the baby in a pink blanket.

"Let me hold her," I whisper.

Tink looks at me with guilt in her eyes, not handing me MY child.

"Give her to me." I order.

"I'm sorry," she apologizes for something that I have no idea about.

Peter releases his grasp. kissing my forehead. I glare at 'my friend' who hands the baby over to Pan, holding the pink babe. "What have you done?!" I try to get up, but I fall back down.

Tears stream down my cheeks. "Peter please! Let me hold my daughter! Let me hold my baby!"

He sighs, walking next to me as he hands me my daughter. It was silent for a moment. I continue to cry, kissing the top of her soft head. I haven't realized where I placed my finger, as she grasps onto my finger, almost as if she was telling me not to let her go.

"Please don't give the baby away," Adam steps up, pulling on Peter''s shirt. "Look at her hand."

Peter looks at the baby's tiny hand wrapped around my finger. His eyes fill with tears. I look up at Peter, tears running down my cheeks. "Don't do this." I begged, "Don't send our child away."

Suddenly, the ground started to shake, causing me to grasp onto the baby for dear life. It was like an earthquake was happening, hard enough for the bed to shake, but not enough to destroy things. Kind of like how much anger was building up inside of me, but I didn't show it. No, not now. I was too sad to even think about anger. Too depressed.

"I'm sorry, Dani. The balance is already being disturbed. She is already aging. We have to let her go. I was never meant to be a father."

Tears pour down my cheeks. I kiss my daughter's head one last time, handing her to Peter. Tink, Adam, and James hug me tight as Peter walks away, taking my child with him.

"Goodbye, Aeris."

Peter's POV

I walk out of the tent, caressing the baby's head into my hand, trying to keep from crying. This was harder than I thought it would be. I point out my finger as her tiny hand grasps my finger. I look down at the little copy of Dani in my arms, aside from her jade eyes that reflected mine. She's so beautiful and small, so defenseless.

The dark Shadow flies down, reaching for the baby. Instinctively, I turn away, holding my daughter against my chest, kissing her forehead. "I will find you, Aeris, I promise." I whisper, letting one, just one, tear slip down my cheek.

"Hand her over, Pan." The Shadow screeched.

"Make sure she gets a good home." I mumble, giving the baby to the Shadow.

"The best." The Shadow says, flying away with my child.

Swallowing a hard lump in my throat, I realized that I gave away my baby, just like that. Under this giant tree that once held great power, now holds my regret.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

You guys, I nearly cried writing this. This is the last chapter of Wonderstruck. Hope you all enjoyed my journey though this book. thank you for all of the reads, votes, comments, everything. It means the absolute world to me and I couldn't have done it without you guys, Thank you all so much.

There will be a second book! It's going to be called Lost Girl! It's in the Enchanted Forest, about a girl named Aeris, (pronounced Air- is), Peter and Dani''s daughter, and the past eighteen years of her life. Also, Adam & James will be in Lost Girl too! Yay! Will one of them have a love connection with Aeris? You're gonna have to find out!

Thank you all again for making Wonderstruck a great fanfic that got so much love from you guys. It means the world. I love you all. -Julianna💜

(Bye i'm gonna go cry now)