The Death Of Merida

Ever since my mother died, my brothers and I have been getting tortured by our own father. Sometimes, I only get beat. I tell my father off, which makes his attention get off of the boys and onto me. It makes my beatings worse but I don't care, as long as my little brothers are safe away from his beatings.

~flashback: *9 months earlier*~

"MOM!" I yell as my mother gets bitten by Mor' du, while I'm being held back by my father.

Finally, my mom defeats the demon bear. I run to her, escaping my dad's grip. Once I reach her, I notice her eyes turn black. Shocked, I stumble to the floor, moving back slowly. I manage to get a hold on a lonely spear on the ground. I'm only a few feet away before my "mother" decides to attack. She pounces at me and I scream and raise the spear, closing my eyes during the process. I hear her whimper and I open my eyes, to see that the spear went through her. Her eyes are no longer black. I killed my mother. What have I done?!

~flashback over~

   SLAP! My dad's hand made a mark on my face. It stings worse than a bee could ever. I place a hand over my cheek and look at my father with no emotion.

"Merida, eat your f*cking food, would ya?" he yells while glaring down at me.

   I look at the boys and then back at him before turning my head towards my dinner. I feel another smack on my head, making me hit my face on my plate.

   "I said eat, girl!" he yells again.

   I mumble terrible things I wish done to him and start picking at my food.

   "Did I just hear you threaten me?" He screams while pulling me by my hair.

   I'm tired of the beatings. Kill me.

When I smile and laugh at him, he punches me in my stomach and says,"What's so funny?! Huh?"

   I take my fork and stab his eye, giving me time to escape and I grab the boys by their hands and run. When we make it out of the castle, I tell them to run without me because I'm holding them back. They are hesitant but they do what I say when they see the seriousness on my face. They escaped. They know where to go. Now they're safe.

   As soon as the boys are out of sight, I feel a yank on my hair and I fall. My head hits the ground, making a loud thud. I yelp as I touch my bloody head. My father climbs on top of me and punches and smacks me, not stopping to even let himself breathe.

   I feel my life slowly slip away as the pain increases by the second. I use the last of my energy to smile and flip him off. Finally seeing the light, I close my eyes.

"F...f*ck y-you." were the last words said to my father by me.