Chapter 8

KYLE ROSE

Alyssa took me into her closet.
"Something here should fit you," she murmured to herself. "How about this!" She cried holding up a pair of dark skinny jeans. "And for a shirt, here!" In her hands she had a flowy white top. It had three quarter length sleeves and high-low front and back. It was adorable! At that moment, Maia and Chloe burst in, their hands full. They set down everything on a small table and ushered me to a vanity. All three of them worked on me for what seemed like forever.
"There! She's been prepped!" Chloe finally said.
"What?" I exclaimed. "Prepped!" Alyssa and Chloe rolled their eyes but Maia just laughed.
"Oh little one, there is so much you have to learn!" Maia told me. I smiled nervously not knowing much else to do. I stayed quiet for the rest of the afternoon though.
"Go get on those clothes, Ky," Alyssa said in an almost kind voice. "Again!" I thought. "Are they being genuinely nice to me?" I picked up the clothes and changed as quickly as possible. When I walked back in, all three girls ooh-ed and ahh-ed over me. I had to admit, I looked cute. I sat down at the vanity again as Maia did my makeup and Chloe curled my hair. Alyssa supervised and looked through her accessories to find ones that would work with my outfit. She came back with a long gold necklace with a navy jewel pendant. It had matching earrings and Alyssa found a gold bracelet that went with them perfectly. She disappeared again only to come back with clean beige Uggs that were my size, 8s. They were the real ones, not the cheap Target ones and they were adorable. Maia and Chloe pronounced me finished and as I looked at myself in the mirror, I didn't think it was me. My hair was a beautifully curled as Chloe's and my makeup was as well done as Maia's. My hair pulled half back loosely and softly curled. It framed my narrow face and looked almost exactly like Alyssa's. My makeup accentuated my eyes with a little bit of eyeliner and a small cat eye as well as a tad of mascara. I had on pale pink eyeshadow that was almost skin tone and barely visible blush. I was beautiful but... I looked almost identical to Alyssa! I could have gone as her, if not as an identical twin sister.

. . .

ALYSSA KRITHNER

I took Kyle into my closet and searched around to find some clothes that would fit her. I pulled out a pair of jeans I'd never worn and a flowy top I had only worn once or twice. Neither of them were very expensive. As I set down the clothes, Maia and Chloe came in. They sat down Kyle and started prepping her. Maia put on some concealer and Chloe washed her hair. 15 minutes later, Chloe said,
"There! She's been prepped!" In return, Kyle exclaimed
"What! Prepped?" I rolled my eyes.
"Duh! What type of idiot is she?" I thought. Maia laughed and said,
"Oh little one, there is so much you have to learn!" Maia could get like this sometimes. It meant that either 1) she actually wanted to help the person or 2) she wanted to use them. I personally like option 2 better but, whatever floats your boat, right? Well, there was a 50/50 chance that it would be 2 so I said kindly,
"Go get on those clothes, Ky." Kyle changed then came to get her hair and makeup done. I watched Maia and Chloe throwing in comments like,
"Curlier in the middle, Chloe, and more wavy at the bottom," or "More of a cat eye Maia. I thought we've gone over this!"
When I was satisfied that what they were doing was correct, I went to go find jewelry and shoes. I found a necklace, earrings and a bracelet that were very cheap; less than $500! Then I went to find shoes. I came back with beige Uggs that I had never worn. When Chloe, Maia and I agreed she was finished, Kyle stood up and looked at herself in the mirror. I was standing a little ways behind her and I swear she looked identical to me! Like, a twin, identical!