Chapter 12

So sorry this is late!!

Chapter 12

KYLE ROSE

"Wow."  I said. "Hey sis."
Alyssa laughed. "Hi." She murmured nervously.
We sat in silence, absorbing the newness of not being only children.
"I, umm, I guess I kinda thought I knew when you had the same eyes as me and all but it's just really weird having a sister, much less a twin and a dad and all that and everything's crazy..." Alyssa suddenly started to ramble.
"It's ok!" I exclaimed. "I get it! It is weird, but a good weird." Alyssa nodded. I leaned over and gave her a hug. She flinched at first but then hugged me back. "You know what?" I said, definitively.
"What?" Alyssa asked.
"I think I'm going to love being a twin."
"Me too."
. . .

ALYSSA KRITHNER

Kyle showed me to her room and we sat down on the bed.
"Wow. Hi sis." She said after a second.
"Hi." I said softly, unsure of myself. After a moment, I started to talk. "I, umm, I guess I kinda thought I knew when you had the same eyes as me and all but it's just really weird having a sister, much less a twin and a dad and all that and everything's crazy..." I trailed off, realizing I had been rambling nonsense. I started to apologize but Kyle said,
"It's ok! I get it! It's weird, but a good weird." She leaned over and gave me a hug. It caught me off guard; my mom and friends weren't big huggers, but I returned the hug, thankful that she understood.
"You know what?" Kyle asked grandly, grinning widely.
"What?" I asked, a small smile blooming on my face.
"I think I'm going to love being a twin."
"Me too." I stated, all traces of unsureness lost.

THE END