6.8

tyler;

i shake uncontrollably. im hot. im cold. im hot. im cold. im barely able to breathe because of the tightness of the rope wrapped around the bag over my head. my hands were also confidingly tied; there wasn't any space between my bonded wrists. whatever im in - I figured it was a van - was driving on the bumpiest rode i had ever experienced. since i had no balance with my wrists tied, every time there was a sharp turn or a bump, i was sent flying. at one point the van took a sharp left turn, there was a crash and a voice cursing from pain. my eyes widen in the dark, enclosed space.

"josh!" I excitedly whisper and then under my breath, a "sorry."

"ty bean, thank god youre alive," he says joyfully.

scooting on my shoulder, i maneuvered over where I believed josh was laying. we leaned against the back of the cold, steel surface of the van. my bonded hands founds his, enclosing them in my own. i felt his body tighten for a mere second before he loosened a tiny bit.

"what are we going to do josh?" i wonder aloud.

"tyler, how am i supposed to know.." he seemed... almost, bitter - at me, like i was the reason we were in this nauseating situation.

maybe i am the reason we're in this mess.

i mean freshman me was - and i still am - a coward, a filthy coward.

i try to ignore his attitude and reply, "im... i dont know. we will get out of this. i know we can."

 josh mutters something incoherently.

my eyes close, begging to go to sleep.

i wish i could watch the stars or the speeding trees we are passing by, but... maybe maybe its for the best i cant see. after all, isn't it better to ignore the destruction ahead of you?

---

another bump from the wretched van wakes me up once again. i curse under my breath, tired of the endless cycle of falling and waking.

josh must have heard me because he replies, "I don't see how you can do it- fall asleep so easily."

and wake up easily too.

a "tsk" escapes my mouth.

silence rests between us.

even though the time had passed to reply to my friend, i did it anyway.

by secretly hoping- wishing - he'd hear my cry of help, i whispered, "sometimes all you can do is lie down, and hope to fall asleep before you fall apart." but alas, he didn't... or if he did hear, he chose to ignore my wail. he was probably blaming this whole catastrophe on me. all i could think of was his ringing bitter voice. i wanted to slam my trussed wrists against my now aching head. my eyes hurt from the silent mistrust. my wrists hurt from the choking rope-

the van screeched to a stop, slamming my body into josh once again, and i whisper a sorry once again. the engine clicked off. a car door was slammed. the backdoors were heaved open. my hair was grabbed in twine with the bag. something was injected by a needle. my brain tried to tell my body to move... to run... to get away... my whole body and emotions slowly began to numb.

"sleep tight. don't let the bed bugs bite." ashton's laugh echoed out as i fell into a universal darkness.

---

a/n

i guess ill stop here. sorry for another update a month from the last one. high school is rough man. have a fantastic day :,)