Chapter 12

**one week later**

Jess's POV: Things had been quite normal the last week, well as normal as it could be. Evan still wasn't at playgroup and Andy hasn't left my side. Chris hasn't showed up anywhere, but we still have a police car outside the house. We were running low on food seeing as we haven't left the house in a week. We decided to go food shopping today, all of us. I let the police officer outside know and she said that there would be a police car outside the supermarket while we are there.

"All set?" Andy asked me while picking up the car keys.

"Yep, and so is Evan, and by the looks of it so are you. So yeah we're all ready to go." I replied. Suddenly I panicked, this was the first time I was leaving the safety of my house. Chris could be out there waiting on me leaving.

"Come on mummy," Evan said while pulling on my arm.

"You okay Jess?" Andy asked as he came over to me and took my other hand in his.

I sighed and replied, "yeah, just a bit nervous. But as long as I have you by my side I'll be fine."

*at the supermarket*

Jess's POV: We were half way through the shopping. I was pushing the trolley and Andy was picking up the items while Evan followed him. I was keeping a close eye on Evan, I normally did, but I was paying extra attention, I was not letting him out of my sight. We turned around the corner and I was waiting in the aisle while Andy was getting the milk, Evan turned to me and said that he'd dropped his teddy. He took off before I could stop him, I darted off after him. I turned back around the corner we'd just turned expecting to see Evan picking his teddy up, but the sight I saw made me feel sick. Chris was holding his hand. He was holding my little boys hand.

"Evan, why did you run off like that?" I asked trying to keep the panic from bursting out.

"I wanted my teddy" he replied so innocently. Of course I knew he wanted his teddy, but why did Chris have to be there?

I held my hand out to Evan, but he was pulled back by Chris with a smug look on his face.

"Evan come here please darling" tears were streaming down my face now. I was trying not to make eye contact with Chris.

"So this is Evan then, my son. The son that you didn't tell me about. Now why would you do that Jess? Huh?" His horrible voice sent shivers down my spine, not nice shivers but disgusting ones.

I shook my head, "he is not your son, he never will be, now please let him go" I begged.

"Oh but he is Jessica, isn't he? I mean we shared such a lovely night didn't we?"

"No we didn't, you're a monster, now please let Evan go"

"That's not very nice now is it? To be honest I don't really want him anyway, I want you, I've always wanted you. You're mine, you always have been and always will be."

"Okay, well let Evan go and you can have me." I pleaded.

"No, because I know you'll sacrifice yourself for him, but I want to see you suffer like I did behind bars, you see Jessica, you caused me a lot of pain and I want you to pay. And the only way I know is Evan. So I want you's both. "

By this time he walked over to me, grabbed my wrist and started to pull me out the doors.

"No, please just take me. Evan doesn't deserve this now does he?"

He just kept on pulling me and Evan out the doors. I tried to hit him and get him to let go of Evan but he just gripped harder on us both. He dragged us both to this van and threw us in the back. Evan and I were both crying now. Where was he taking us?

Andy's POV: As I came back from getting the milk I saw our trolley sitting there with no Jess or Evan. Panic spread all over my body. I ran around the corner and saw Evans teddy lying there on the floor. But Evan and Jess were nowhere to be seen. I grabbed my phone and rung Jess, but she wasn't answering. I ran round the shop but there was still no sign. So I phoned the officer out side our house and told her what had happened. She told me to stay there and wait on her arriving.

As I waited I was nearly sick, from all the worrying. The officer arrived and told me that there was a pursuit currently happening between Chris and several police cars. She drove me to the police station so I could wait there. But what use was waiting, I needed to find Jess and Evan.