Chapter 19

Jess's POV: I was now getting ready for dinner with Andy. I was in the shower washing my hair and thinking. I always ended going into deep thoughts when I was in the shower. I ended up thinking about that first day when I met Andy at the park. Janice was looking after Evan while I went to the park to relax, and Sammie came bounding up to me. Sammie is Andy's friend, Marks dog. Mark and Andy used to share a flat together before Andy moved in with me and Evan. I'm so glad I met Andy, I never thought I'd meet such a loving, caring, hilarious, kind, considerate, cheeky guy ever. Especially after Chris, and then having Evan, nobody wanted a single mother and her kid to look after. Well that's what I thought until I met Andy. He never failed to make me laugh, or cheer me up if I was feeling down and he especially knew how to calm me down. I just felt safe around him, his whole presence made me feel safe. We have talked about having our own family, and he has told me that he sees Evan as his own child. And Evan has told me countless times that he has the best Dad in the world. I've heard him call Andy dad a few times now. I still remeber Andy's face the first time he called him that. His face just glowed with happiness and he smiled for the whole day after. I would come home to find them out the back playing football or sitting on the sofa engrossed in Disney movies. Evan loves Joel, Adam and Ryan to pieces. I love themm all too. I think Evan has enjoyed having some male company because it has just been me and him on our own since day one. 

I was knocked out of my thoughts by Andy shouting on me. 

"Jess, you've been in there for half an hour now! You'll be all shrivelled up like a prune." He joked.

I switched the shower off and stepped out onto the cold floor and wrapped myself in the hotel's soft, fluffy towel. I walked out into the bedroom and was greeted by a very attractive sight. Andy walking about just in his boxers, showing off his toned body. 

"Finally, you took forever in there." He laughed as he turned round to face me.  

"I want to take that shower with me, it's amazing!" I replied.

"I don't know if that's a good idea, cause I'd never get to see you as you'd spent your whole time in there thinking." He said cheekily.

"God damn, you caught me." I joked. 

"Now go get ready, we've got forty-five minutes."

"Yes sir!" and as I said that I saluted which made Andy laugh. I went and dried myself and got ready. 

"I phoned Adam while you were in the shower to see how Evan was coping with them three."

"Don't you mean how they're coping with Evan?" I quizzed him.

"Well, erm yeah maybe. But yeah they've been bowling and Joel won which Evan wasn't happy about. ow they're going to McDonald's for tea. Then I think they're heading back to Joel's to watch movies."

"Aw cool, I hope he is behaving for them."

"Yeah, Adam said he's been great fun."

"Good, just hope he behaves for the rest of the weekend."

Now, time to blow dry my hair.

Andy's POV: I was finished getting ready so I just lay on the bed and watched as Jess got ready. She'd just finished drying her long, brown chocolate hair. She really was perfect, even though any time I tell her that she just ignores me or tells me to shut up. She never takes my compliments. But that is one of the reasons I love her. I watched as she slipped into her favourite black dress. Through this last year and a bit I've watched her confidence grow. At first she didn't really show much of her skin but now she seems to be more comfortable about her self. She never really wore make-up, which I was glad of, I never really liked it when girls caked them selves with make-up. She finally put on her shoes and took one last look in the mirror. She looked gorgeous, well she always does, but tonight she looked extremely gorgeous. 

"Right, that's me ready." She said as she smiled at me.

"You look stunning."

I loved how she still blushed. "Whatever, now come on are you coming or what?" She joked. 

I stood up and took a hold of her hand, then I lead her out of the room, down the lift and kept walking past the resturant. 

"Andy, that's the resturant there, isn't it?" She asked, looking very puzzled.

"No, we're not going there." I replied. 

Jess's POV: Where was he taking me? I was so confused, then suddenly he stopped and told me to turn round. I was shocked by what I saw.