Chapter 4: Feeling Lonely

As Finn arrived on set, he was very disappointed to see that Millie was not there. He looked for her in the costume room, on set, everywhere.

By 1:00 she still wasn't there so he knew she wouldn't show up. He was very excited to come on set today to talk to Millie again, so he was very disappointed as she did not show up.

"Alright Millie isn't here so we will be shooting Kevin's part. Finn come over here please." The director said.

He lied down on the bed as he was told to do so and took the prop phone. He pretended to type words into it and after a while, he stood up.

He looked sadly at the picture frame where there was a portrait of Alice. "I miss you Alice.." he said, tracing his fingers around the edges of the frame.

"Okay cut! Perfect." The director said excitedly. "You guys are so amazing at this!!" He smiled at the compliment. He didn't know if it was really his talent that made him act so realistically, or if there was a bit of truth to the emotions he showed.

---

"Hi Finn.." some girl said during their break. It was Linda, the girl who Millie tried making friends with. "Oh hi there." He minded his own business but Linda kept moving close to him.

"Anything I can help you with?" He asked kindly, with a hint of annoyance in his tone. "Oh nothing. I just thought we could be friends you know."

He looked at the girl, with a face that yelled confusion. He witnessed Linda rudely reject Millie's invitation to be her friend. So why was she being so kind to him?

"Uhmm.. ok then." He didn't really have anything to say, but she really insisted on starting a conversation with him.

"So I heard you like playing the guitar?" She said, smiling brightly. "Well kinda." He said, not intrested in the conversation at all.

"Can you play a song for me?" She asked, slightly blushing. "Sorry Linda, I don't have my guitar today." He said. "Oh okay then. Maybe some other time." She said. "Sure." Finn answered subconsciously.

For the rest of the day, Linda was very clingy. Even though Finn was very lifeless today, she kept giggling at anything he said.

Why does this girl keep flirting with me. He thought. He only had eyes for one girl, and that was Millie. He wasn't even certain that she liked him back.

--

So the day went by uneventful for Finn, who's only friends was not there. At around 4:30 pm, he was supposed to shoot a scene with Kevin's best friend who was a male. And that was John, played by Daniel Ford.

"Listen to yourself Kevin. It's just one girl who left! People come and go! How is Alice different from your mom?! Or your dad?!" Daniel said, delivering his lines perfectly.

"Don't ever compare Alice, to my parents from hell." Finn said, and shook himself off from Daniel's grasp. He looked him in his eyes angrily and walked away.

"Cut! Perfect! Alright, Sam and Abby come here please." Daniel and Finn sat down on the bench as Sam and Abby shot their scene.

"Hey I don't think I've introduced myself properly. Daniel Ford." He said, taking out his hand. "Finn Wolfhard." Finn said, taking his hand and shaking it.

"I know you of course. Big fan of Stranger Things." He said, smiling. "Thanks man." Finn said. "Did you have any other projects before this?" Finn asked.

"Well I've been an extra in a few movies but aside from that, this is my only major project so far." Daniel answered.

"Wow. You're pretty good already." Finn said. "That's a real compliment coming from Finn Wolfhard." They chuckled together.

So even though Millie was not there, he was able to make a new friend. When Millie came back, he would be excited to introduce his new friend.

Daniel and Finn walked outside together as the shooting ended. They grabbed a quick drink from the vending machine and headed to their cars. "Well, bye Daniel." Finn said as he went to his car. "Bye Finn."

Hi!! Finn's made a friend yay! Also: I've added a twist and we'll have to see if this book will still be fillie or.. nillie *evil smile* bwhahaa. Comment what ship you want for this book :)