Chapter 24: Face It

Again, they were in the circular table, chatting while the music played. It was a very happy and cheerful type of melody; it perfectly matched their mood.

All four of them were laughing at jokes and talking about their plans after the movie was finished.

They were enjoying their night, until a sudden realization hit Millie as she sipped her red iced tea.

Finn noticed the quick change in her mood. "What's wrong?" Millie looked at him. "I just remembered.. Noah," and that's when they realized something.

By achieving happiness, they would break someone's heart. They were silent again. "I have to do it, and I will," Millie said, firm with her decision. She would reject him.

Finn nodded, though he felt guilty. Noah was one of his close friends, and his heart would be broken. What's worse is that he caused it.

But there was no choice. Heartbreak was something people need to experience. Pain in inevitable .

--

To: Noah
Hi Noah. I'll meet you at your set. I'll be there at 2pm

After debating on how to reach out to him, Millie finally pressed send.

Sure :)

He replied, less than a minute later. She sighed, looking at the smiley face beside his message. He was happy, and later, he'll feel otherwise.

She looked at herself in the mirror. Her hair was a little messy from the morning shoots, and her eye bags could be seen despite the concealer on it. 

She decided to touch up her make up a little. She took some concealer and lightly applied it on her under eyes. She blended it and set it with some powder. Finally, she combed her hair and tied it into a messy bun. Now, she was satisfied with her looks and decided to go to the set. It was 1:40 already. She took her handbag and headed down. 

As she walked the hallways, she saw Finn. They smiled at each other. "Where are you going?" Finn asked. "I'm talking to Noah. I'll go to his set so that no one else sees." Both of them agreed that they don't want other people to see Millie talking to Noah, or else rumors will start.

"Do you want me to come with you?" Finn asked. "Please? I'll talk to him alone but maybe you can wait for me somewhere and we can eat something later." Finn smiled. "Sure,"

Finn interlocked his hands with hers and they walked to the elevator together. They walked out and took a taxi to the set. Millie was nervous; it was his first time rejecting a boy. Finn noticed this, and gave her hand a reassuring squeeze. "Noah's reasonable. I'm sure he'll understand," Finn said.

Millie leaned on his shoulder. "What do you think will happen to the two of you after all this?" She asked. Finn thought for a long time. He sighed. "I'm not sure," he answered honestly. It made Millie feel bad; she wasn't just breaking someone's heart, but she's also ruining Finn and Noah's friendship.

-

They arrived at the set where Noah was shooting. They could already spot him just as the taxi was nearly in front; he was waiting for her. 

"Finn I think you should be dropped of here. The mall is just right here," Millie said. Finn nodded, opened the door, and left.

Millie could see Noah watching him, wondering what Finn was doing here. Finally, the taxi pulled over. Millie payed the driver and walked outside.

"I saw Finn with you," was the first thing he said. She frowned. "I won't be here that long Noah, I just have something to say. Something important."

He sighed. "I think I know what you'll say, Millie. And I'm okay with that," Millie looked up, and saw the saddest smile on Noah. 

"I'm sorry. I love you Noah, just not in that way," she said honestly. "I understand." A silence fell between them, and Millie frowned. "Hey, don't be sad. I hate seeing you sad," Noah said. Millie forced a smile. 

"Just promise me you'll still be friends with Finn," Millie said. "Promise," Noah smiled, remembering that specific line that references a specific show.

"By the way," Millie said. "You'll go to the premiere of Long Distance right?" Noah frowned. "I'm sorry I can't.." 

"Why not ?" Millie said, frowning. "Just kidding, of course I'll come!" They both giggled. "Good, I thought you wouldn't."

-

Later that day..

Noah took out his phone as he was going to his current apartment. "Hey, Finn." he said, as he picked up. 

"I'm okay I'm okay. Just promise me, you won't hurt her, okay??" Noah said in all seriousness. "I promise," Finn said through the phone, smiling. 

"Take care of her, or I swear I'll hit your face," Finn chuckled. "Yup, punch me as hard as you like," They laughed together. "See you at the premiere," Finn said. "You too," and they hung up. Still friends

Yo sorry for the long wait! 1 last chapter and the epilogue!