Epilogue

It was an average day in July, but not for Finn. He was looking at himself at the mirror, running his hands through his hair. He was wearing a plain white shirt and some jeans; a basic attire.

He sprayed some men's perfume on himself and gave himself one final look. "Alright Finn, don't mess anything up," he told himself.

He drove his car to Millie's house; it was a 20 minute drive from where he lived.

He took the cookies that his mother made for Millie's parents, and rung the doorbell to their home. "G-goodmorning. No that sounds too nervous," he said, rehearsing it.

"Good-- oh good morning Mrs Brown," he said, taken aback by Millie's mom, who opened the door in the middle of his sentence,

She smiled. "Come in Finn," she said. "By the way, these are some cookies for you. Mom baked them," he said, handing her the plastic container. "Thank you Finn,"

As Finn entered, he spotted Millie's dad, sitting on a cream colored couch. "Oh hello Finn, sit down," he said, gesturing to the seat in front of him.

Finn took a deep breath and sat down. This was not his first time to meet Millie's father, and he was never intimidated by him. Not until now.

Millie's father, Robert, noticed how nervous and stiff Finn was. "Calm down boy, I'm not gonna hurt you," he smiled. Finn faked a laugh, and flashed the biggest smile he could manage.

Millie mother, Kelly, joined them soon. "So, Finn," Robert started, putting his hand on his lap.

"Listen Finn, we're not hard to please. If Millie loves you, then she does. But we do want to discuss some rules,"

"Number one, where ever or whatever you do, curfew is at 7:30 pm, sharp," Finn nodded. "Yes sir, understood."

"Second, you two should always let us know where you will go, and what time you are to return, whenever you go on a date,"

"Third, don't you ever, under any circumstance, hurt her,"

"And lastly, I know you'll be going on a long distance relationship in a month," Finn straightened up and listened.

"I'm asking you this, if you really love her, please stay strong. It'll be hard, I can tell you that,"

"But if you guys do your best, it'll all be alright in the end," he said, and gave Finn a small smile.

"Yes sir, I understand," Finn said, smiling back at him.

"Good. Millie, come down," Robert said. A beautiful girl with a pixie cut walked down the stairs, in a black, floral dress.

"Finn and I will just go around the village, dad. We'll be back at 6," Millie said.

Finn stood up, smiling as he looked at her.

--

They walked outside, their hands interlocking. Robert and Kelly watched them from behind, smiling.

"I'm so glad that's over," Finn said, as they walked towards the park that Millie wanted to go to.

"How was it?" Millie asked, and Finn smiled. "I don't think I have to explain much, I saw you listening the whole time, you sneaky ninja," she giggled.

"I was, you were fun to look at," she said, and Finn chuckled. "Excuse me?" He asked. Millie, realizing what she just said, started to blush.

"I didn't mean it that way, I meant you were so nervous and I was laughing because you didn't need to be,"

Finn smiled. "Oh Millie, I'm so happy that I'm with you," he said, pecking her hand.

Millie's cheeks turned a pinky color. "Me too,"

Finn sighed. "I'm sorry, I really don't want to leave,"

Millie frowned, and they stayed silent.

"I know, but you know what?" She said, squeezing his hand. "I'll be ready when the time comes,"

Together, they watched as the sun started to decent. Millie was glad she took a chance on Finn. Because in the end, you only regret the chances you didn't take. And as cliche as the old saying goes, it was right.

The End.