Purge day

Dedicated to  @arrowislife18 for this awesome idea!

Thomas pov.

Today was the day of the annual purge, for a couple of years I was part of a group who went after the homeless or the people who deserved to be purged. This year I got my boyfriend of six years, Newt, to join us. We've been together since we were 13, we meet in middle school and hit it off from there. Newt didn't like the purge he never took any part in it he always just stayed at home when the clock hit seven.
"Let's go!" They shouted
"Tommy I-"
"It'll be fine baby not bad is gonna happen," I grabbed his hand
"Except the death of innocent people," Newt muttered
"They're not innocent, their pigs, now let's go boys!" The ring leader of us Minho shouted
I looked at Newt and smirked as the trucks roared to life. Newt jumped at the loud engine but I held his arm.
We all got in the bed of the truck and sat down with our weapons in our hands. Newt shook as I placed the machete in his hands, I rolled my eyes and held my own blade.
"I'm not talking to you for a week after this," Newt smiled a little
And before I could respond Minho did for me,"Yeah see how that works boy, maybe you won't be alive next week,"
"Can you not say that?" I asked
"Sorry but a lot of things happen tonight," Minho chuckled
"Tommy," Newt pulled on my sleeve. His smile faded
      "It's okay-"
"We got a pig boys!" Minho screamed
       "What?" Newts eyes widened
"Oh yeah!" Everyone screamed
     We all jumped out of the truck holler'n and shout'n. We chased down the homeless man which lead us to his homeless family which lead to our swords being used three times as much.
"New boy," Minho called
     Newt looked up
"Your turn," Minho motioned to the mother and child.
     "What no. NO!" Newt screamed and kicked as they pulled him to my mother and small child. The mother shook her head and pleaded to Newt as her child cried on her.
"Do it," Minho barked
      "No" Newt cried
"Do it!"
       "No,"
"Just do it!" Minho demanded
        "NO!"
"If you don't do it I will personally go to your house and kill your would family, your mother, your father, and your sister, now do it!" Minho threatened
     Newt loved his family, he wouldn't let them die in the hands of Minho. So Newt did what he was told and killed the mother while the child watched then killed the child in front of us. None of us has ever killed a child, so why did he have Newt do it? Maybe to prove he's a pig himself. But he's not.
"Back in the truck!" Minho demanded
      "TOMMY! I can't believe I just did that, I didn't, I shouldn't, I can't believe-"
"It's gonna be okay," I hugged him and smoothed his hair
       "Okay you seriously being a baby about what you just did? You did what none of us have done before!" Minho shouted
"Wait you don't kill-"
         "Children, but you did," Minho smirked
Newt's eyes filled with rage just like they did the one time, his sister tried to sleep with me. Newt picked up his sword and swung at Minho. Minho easily blocked.
"Well that's not how we play," Minho snapped his fingers,"boys"
    Gally and Zart grabbed my arms and held me in place.
"What are you doing!" I grunted
      "Shut up Thomas,"
"Tommy!" Newt screamed when Alby and Jeff grabbed him.
      "I was gonna wait till later tonight but you brought it upon yourself," Minho laughed the punched Newt in the stomach.
"Newt!" I kept screaming until my throat hurt then a kept screaming some more as Minho beat the living crap out of Newt.
"Ugh, I swear Thomas if you don't shut up I'll slit his throat," Minho rolled his eyes
I shut my mouth.
"Don't touch me don't fucking touch me!" Newt screamed
      "Shut up god your annoying!" Minho held his ears
"Why? why are you doing this?" I cried
       "Cause he fucking changed you, he's all you cared about, you stopped doing the purge with us, I'm sick of his shit-"
"Shut up! Shut up! Shut your mouth before I kill you!" I growled
       "You kill me I don't think you can-"
I yanked my arm from Zart and punched Minho.
"Smart Thomas, hold him down," Minho demanded
Gally jumped on board to hold half my body down while Zart stood there not even grabbing my arm.
"Zart!" Minho growled
"No, this is wrong, the whole purge is wrong and to kill people because they love each other is wrong,"
"Your kidding me? Your going soft too? See what you've done Thomas?" Minho asked
     "Shut up Minho," Zart shook his head
"What-"
"Yeah we don't have to listen to you anymore,"chuck cheered
Gally stood straight and let go of my arm. I leaped to Newt who laid on the cold ground. I held his head in my lap and pulled my fingers through his short hair.
"Let's get him," everyone cheered
The their shouts and Minho's screams filled the air but I didn't listen I drowned them out with mutter of a song to Newt. When the sun rose and the purge ended, I cried because I had made it through the night and so did Newt he barely made it but he made it.
"I'm so sorry," I whispered
        "I killed them?" Newt asked
"Yeah I'm sorry,"
        "Can we go home?" He muttered
"Of course," I picked Newt up and held him close to me in my arms. Walking home we hurt all sorts of sirens wailing out, I'm just glad I didn't need them.
      "Can we have ice cream when we get home too?" Newt laughed
"Yes," I smiled. I pulled him close to me and we went home.