Chapter 1 Settling In

Guy's POV

I stood at the deck waiting for our summer employee with a big smile. I told everyone yesterday to be very nice to this person since she said she was trying to forget something. I then saw a fishing boat coming this way. Oh joy! That means she doesn't live far! The boat came to a stop. A girl with h/l h/c hair, e/c eyes and s/c skin got off the boat with two suitcases. She turned to the captain.

"Thanks for the ride." She said. It was simple, but it brought a smile to the mans face. He then drove away.

"I'm glad I hired you!" I exclaimed. She turned around and looked at me, slightly confused. "Making people smile so easily are exactly the kind of people I need in this resort!"

"That happens a lot." She said. She muttered something but it was like no words even came out of her mouth. "But even so, I haven't even started working yet. Let alone, have I gotten your name. The interview was over the phone after all and we never fully introduced ourselves."

"I'm the Guy-de." I said with a bright smile.

"So, your name is Guy. And that was a pun. Clever." She stayed.

"Correct! Now! Let's get you settled in for the summer and gradually get to know each other!" I said with joy. She nods and follows me as I lead her to her temporary home. I also gave her a little tour of the area as we walked there. I told her when she would be working as a lifeguard at the beach and when she would be a waitress at our restaurant on the roof. We soon got to her temporary home.

"Wow. I didn't think I'd be staying in such a big place." She said as she stares at it in awe.

"Well, we try to make our employees as happy as the visitors. But we did run out of small homes for our employees and started to have them room in these houses. Our plan was to only use one but we really needed another lifeguard and the other house is full." I explained.

"It's not a problem. I should get settled in and get ready for work. You said I start in an hour so..."

"I completely under-sand"

"Another pun? Nevertheless, I enjoyed it." She sounded almost robotic. But she probably is just getting used to things.

"Your post is up North and your maid job starts at 7pm. The roof restaurant is southwest from your post. You just can't miss it!" I said with my usual smile.

"Alright. Thanks for Guy-ding me." She said. I laughed.

"I'll see you around!" I said as I poofed away. I then found myself in front of Nate. "A-ah! Nate! It's so good to see you!"

"S-same here dude." Nate said as he rubbed the nape of his dark, tan neck.

"Ahaha....oh, Nate. Remember about the the employee I told you about?"

"Yeah. You said her name was Y/n right?"

"Yes! She just got here and she's at her temporary house, getting ready for work. If you see her, welcome her!"

"Got it."

"You'll know her when you see her! She doesn't look like any of the other employees, besides the uniform."

"Lifeguard and waitress right."

"Oh joy! You remembered!"

Y/n's POV

I got my suitcases upstairs in a room. I found my uniform in the biggest room so that's where I'm gonna stay. I found a bag that says 'LifeGuard' in the closet as I was putting away some of my clothes. I opened it to find both of my uniforms and supplies in it. There was extra room if I needed anything else to carry. I sighed as I decided to get ready for work. I closed the curtains so I don't have any peepers. I took off my clothes and put them in a nearby hamper. I got in my lifeguard uniform, which is just a red two piece bathing suit with a white cross in the center of the top. I'm just glad it's not too revealing. I looked at the time on my phone. I have to be at my post in twenty minutes. I'll get some snacks on the way there. I walk out with my lifeguard bag and slip in some sandals. I make my way towards the beach. I got to the beach and saw a vending machine nearby. I bought a few bags of chips, a pack of cookies and two soda pops. I put everything in my lifeguard bag and went to my post. It wasn't hard to find since it was just a tall chair and an umbrella close to the water with no one on it. I climb up the chair and just started work. It was simple. For now at least. That's why I'm not going to get on my phone much. I rather watch the view. It may be nine in the morning but that's what helps this morning look beautiful. The sun may be rising behind me, but the sky is painted with beautiful colors. Not too many people are outside yet. The sun felt warm on my back, the ocean breeze felt wonderful as it blew gently on my face and slightly through my hair.

Guy's POV

I led the group of the group of eight to a house very close to the beach where I assigned Y/n. They awed at the size and look of the house. I recognized two of them to be contestants from- Wait! I have to get going! I inform them about our bathing suits that we sell on the island and left. I had to inform the rooftop restaurant about Y/n's arrival, that way it doesn't come as a surprise.

"Wait. I can just poof there!" I did what I mentioned and poofed myself to the restaurant. "Jerny!"

"Gah!" He jumped in surprise and bumped into the oven that luckily was off. "Don't....do that Guy!"

"Sorry. I came here to tell you that the new employee, Y/n, is here and starts working today."

"Really? Good. Less work for the rest of us."

"I thought you said you were having fun working here?" I said with a curious, totally not a hint of threat, voice.

"I-I-I do! Heheh. Speaking of which! I- uh...have to... start cooking with Gane for...lunch! Yeah! I want...the customers' food to be ready faster so they don't have to wait as long, bye!" He then dashed off to the other side of the kitchen, looking through many ingredients. I smiled knowing my employees are enjoying their jobs and are so determined.

---Time Skip---

Y/n's POV

I had already started my shift as a waitress and they're about to set off the fireworks to kick off the summer. Most of the customers kept their eyes on the sky to spot them while others where on their phones getting ready to record it. I wasn't doing anything at the moment since I already gave my tables their orders so I has my arms on the glass railing and stared at the sky as well. The air was nice and warm and the breeze wasn't too cool. Soon enough, the first firework went off and people started cheering as more kept coming. This wasn't a bad first day.