Project-14 games&the truth

Chapter-14

Rhys's POV

We got an announcement on the intercom, which startled me instantly. we had to go outside for a meeting. I met up with Faith and swiftly grabbed her hand. My best friend who I can trust and hopefully she can trust me.

All since the confession we trusted each other, but I've been trying to be patient with they whole "who do you like". it's been two days chill out! Rhydian!

I pushed the glass door behind me as I felt a rush of wind run through me.

Damn how the hell can I be holding my bestfriend's hand? just one week or so ago I was at my old house getting whacked around the head with broken glass beer bottles and getting abused all day. To the point where I don't want to live and run away, it became my daily routine.

It doesn't mean I don't like Faith, I love her more than anyone in the whole fucking world. But it's not like I could tell her that. "Ya, I'm really in love with you but I didn't want to make things awkward because you like Logan!"

I have spoken aloud because the expression on Faith's face fell, Oh shit! I'm going to need to hide, ya,ya! that's the plan. Go hide in a closest, why couldn't the ground just swallow me up? Do you not like me ground?

I gulped, boring my eyes into the ground not taking any chances with looking up to faith's regretful eyes. It was just full of regret, I couldn't, I would never do anything to hurt her.

Why am I making such a big deal out of this? because I wouldn't hurt Faith, there's no way in hell I'm the one whose preventing Faith from getting hurt...again.

I needed to talk to Faith. Right after Mr. Griffin and the counselors talk about something that caused me to zone out after I heard the words along the line.

"Get into partners of two and your going to do a scavenger hunt". I sighed in frustration who the hell wants to do this! we aren't in third grade anymore.

Third grade when me and faith were partners in our scavenger hunt. We got lost...in a bush on the park away from the school. In my defense the teacher told us that..."It's something involving George Bush". So I thought it mean a bush I named George at my cousin's school, I only named it George after Faith's and mines favorite show, Curious George.

I smiled at that memory. I snapped out of thought glancing at Faith hopefully. Faith mirrored my smile possibly remembering the third grade memory. I had hope in my heart, so I grasped her hand hoping she won't pull away. I glanced at her wincing hoping she wouldn't pull away from my gesture. But it stayed secure.

I glanced at Faith she stood in place with a smile etched on the outline of her lips. Why did I move? Why did I hurt Faith? ugh this is so frustrating! the thoughts joggled around my mind taking over my brain.

I love you Faith. Just four words Rhydian, just four words.

Faith's POV

If you told me that "Faith likes Logan" I would call you crazy, but not 1week ago I wouldn't it was because of my loneliness and discomfort of my old best friend who I deeply missed and love. Yes love as in present tense.

Logan is a friend, the thought of being more than friends creeps me out.

I smiled at the thoughts of Rhys. I glanced up at Rhys who mirrored back a full pearly white smile that I always loved.

" So go pick your partners then we will release you guys, just tell us your names and group team name and then you could start".

I felt a warm hand grasp my fragile left hand. I looked up at the culprit who stole my hand. I smiled instantly it was Rhys.

A smiled outlined his lips which was matching the same one smacked onto my face.

He nodded knowingly, I nodded in an agreement. We walked hand in hand to Mr. Griffin the man in charge. His clothes were too professional, he was in a suit and tie like a principal kind of business wear. It was just wrong couldn't he have worn something I don't know not like we were going to meet the president of the United States, Or having tea with the Queen of England? I smirked at that thought, I glanced at Rhys who locked eyes with me and nodded slightly.

"Mr. Griffin, Faith and me are partners and we want our team name to be George." Rhys said smiling, which made my heart race increase. Can they hear it? My fast increase? My heart beating so fast that it's going to burst out of my chest any second now.

Well I was in my dream of thoughts Rhys grabbed the first clue from Mr. Griffin. As he tugged the grasp on our hands to pull me back into reality. I sidetracked my thoughts for a second trying to not get distracted. I smiled up at Rhys, he flashes me his smile that got me falling weakly to my knees. I blushed realizing I was deep in thoughts again. Rhys chuckled at my actions in realization.

hold me in your arms

keep me secure

love me

I love you

please don't leave me or hurt me

stay

I will always love you

these thoughts raced in my mind, Rhys. I snapped out of my thoughts, I ran catching up to him. as he walked ahead of me.

I bolted and then collapsed , what,the ?.. then I heard a music-to-my-ears kinda chuckle. I looked up to see Rhys standing there with his arm outstretched , as an offer to help me up.

I gracefully took his offer and swiftly got back on my feet. I tried not to blush about running into him. I smiled sheepishly and he smiled cheekily.

He grabbed my hand and put into his own. as pulled to the nearest tree. He tugged on my hand to crouch down. I crouched down looking at him with confusion . He smiled sheepishly, Did I hurt your arm? he said with concern in his tone of voice. Oh, no I was um..just wondering what are we um..doing on the ground and by a tree? I spoke sincerely.

he scratched the back of his neck in nervousness. I wanted to ask you um..but first promise me you won't hate me or anything? he spoke with deep concern In his voice. curiosity sparked through out my bones. aren't we going to lose the scavenger hunt?

oh god what's wrong with me?! why did I fucking ask that! why to be curious! oh so now you play by the fucking rules!

Rhys started to chuckle , I blushed instantly I covered my face in my hands in embarrassment.

Faith,faith? um..you would you um never mind I'll ask you later. He had jealous hidden In his voice.

but I can't sense it in the tension of the aurora. what he be jealous about? is he upset that he can't tell me what he wants to tell? did I do something wrong ? should I just leave it be?

I sighed internally, how can people do this relationship thing? or being in love? it annoys me. He handed me the first clue paper slip to let me read it. my eyes scanned through the words on the thin slip of paper which read,

"to find the next clue you have to thing back to you childhood time where your parents would always take you, Have fun!"

I sighed in frustration and confusion. How can Rhys and me know this, we didn't even have a fucking childhood! I couldn't even look at Rhys or do anything because I fell weakly to my knees, no not this time its not Rhys who was the cause it was my parents, my life, it was just everything.

I couldn't take it anymore, I felt strong at,s secure my waist as I fell to the lush soft grassy grounds.

I saw darkness fill my vision as I felt my body give up. I'm sorry Rhys I didn't mean to hurt you.

I have fainted in the arms of a person whom I truly love and was and is there for me when needed.

I am deeply in love with Rhys. now I,m deeply in love and in Rhys's arms which were so soft and comforting.