Chapter 8: Lei è la Mia Cosa?

"Dani's your second cousin."

"What the--no. No, she's not, Styles. Don't you start lying to me." He has to be lying, right?

"I'm not lying," he repeated. "I'm serious."

“No. Nuh-uh. I don’t have any cousins. I don’t have any living relatives.” I looked Harry dead in the eye and said, “This isn’t funny. Not one bit.”

“It shouldn’t be funny,” he started, “cos it’s 100% true.”

Niall cut in and said, “She looks a bit like you.” I stared him down, too, and he held his hands up in surrender. “Sorry, I just had to put it out there.”

“You’ve met her before, Blake.”

I looked back at Harry and shook my head. “No I haven’t! I haven’t met her, and she’s not my cousin.”

“Olivia, she had a picture of you guys together,” Niall said again, attempting to prove Harry correct.

“And so do I,” Harry continued.

“No,” I whispered, forcing myself not to believe them. “If she’s my cousin, and I’ve met her, why don’t I remember?”

“You, um…” he looked down at his hands. “You lost contact after the crash. Her family moved to America for a while, and when they moved back, they didn’t know where you were. That’s why you don’t remember her.” (A/N: Sorry! I know that doesn’t go with what I wrote in the last chapter, but… it worked so much better.)

“Oh…” I felt like I was going to cry, and then I asked him, “So you knew about her the whole time?”

He shook his head and explained, “I didn’t put it together until a few days ago. I knew she was your cousin, but I couldn’t remember her name until I found the picture back home…”

+++++

Harry’s P.O.V.

Olivia didn’t look to happy with me, but she wasn’t exactly mad. I felt bad that I hadn’t been able to tell her until now, but I also felt compelled to tell her that I knew her before the crash. “Also, remember when we first met, and I thought you looked familiar?” She nodded, and I flicked through a few pictures on my phone until I found what I was looking for. “We weren’t exactly friends, but I, um… we hung out at the park a lot, and so did Danielle.”

I showed her the picture of me and her when we had first met at the park, and then the one of her and her cousin, and then another of all 3 of us. “Oh my God…”

"What?" I asked her. Maybe she recognised her.

"I--" She looked up at me and smiled. "I remember this."

+++++

Author's Note

Sorry it's so short! It's just a filler chapter; a little Christmas gift from me to you.

Olivia remembers something from before the crash! What do you think will happen next?

I'll update again as soon as I get internet, and the next chapter will be longer.

Love you guys so much! Joyeux Noël!

xSarah