Back to Hogwarts

Sirius' POV

It's about time. Today we finally go back to Hogwarts. I have to admit, this time it wasn't as bad as all of the other times. And I owe it all to Regulus. My parents were too busy focusing on him instead of me. They were showering them with their attention. And for once I was thankful for that.

I mean sure, I got a lot of cuts, bruises, and the cherry to the top, some fresh new nightmares. But they weren't as bad as last time. Last time I had more serious injuries, this time, I have more vivid nightmares.

I was lying on my bed, all dressed, completely packed, holding my clock in my hands counting down the seconds. I tried not to open any more cuts but that was futile. I had too many to cover up and they surrounded all over my body.

Then, I heard the all too familiar sound of my mother's footsteps coming up the stairs. I looked through the crack under the door and saw two dark shadows where my mother's feet must be. It was eerily quiet for about ten seconds before I saw a flash of light through the keyhole and the click of the lock. The door swung open and there stood my mother, an eyebrow raised, arms crossed, pursed lips, and her foot tapping repeatedly.

She sighed and scowled, "Why is it this family is always waiting for you!?" She huffed and turned on her heel and stormed down the hall. I rolled my eyes, Oh yeah, It's not like I was locked in my bedroom or anything. I grabbed my luggage and started to run down the stairs. That was a mistake. On the second step, A huge gash opened on my neck. I hissed in pain and continued down the stairs at a slow pace.

My Mother and Father were giving Regulus his goodbye hugs and kisses. They were smiling. Which was something I hadn't seen them do for a year. At least not like this. They were actually smiling, they seemed proud of him.

Why are they proud of him? I'm sure deep inside Regulus is anything other than Slytherin, and he just got put in Slytherin because he asked the hat to. I bet he saw me suffering and thought, "Wow, I do not want that to happen to me."

Regulus got in the fireplace and I walked towards it too. I looked over at my parents. My father had suddenly become very interested in the wall paper. And my mother was simply glaring in my direction. I sighed as I ducked my head to get into the fireplace.

She smiled in Regulus' direction. "Goodbye Son. I will see you at Easter Holidays." Son. Not Sons. Son. Singular. Which means only one. I'm guessing you don't need to be a professor to know which of us she was talking to.

Regulus smiled and threw the floo powder, shouting, "King's Cross Station!" We were engulfed in green flames and the sitting room disappeared, we sped past several grates. I felt Regulus' gaze on me. "I'm sorry, Sirius. I should've done something more to help-" I waved him off, "Oh, please, there's nothing you could've done." He looked down.

I know that might've not been the nicest thing to say to him, or that I could've phrased it differently, but I was just frustrated.

We finally stopped at the grate to King's Cross Station. I smiled. Regulus looked over at me, He smiled, "It's amazing how the change of scenery can do to you." I roll my eyes, "Shut up." I say and put him in a headlock, rubbing his hair. We laughed. It was one of the happiest memories we had had in a long time.

I spotted James and I saw Regulus glance at one of his Slytherin buddies. "I'll see you later, Sirius 2.0" Regulus grinned, "hey, that's James' name for me." I shrug, "I stole it." Regulus laughed and said, "See ya, big bro."

Then he ran off and I grinned, getting ready to tackle James.

---

James' POV

I can't believe it's already time to go back to Hogwarts. I mean, it feels this break has gone by so fast. The thing i'm really looking forward to when we get back to Hogwarts, other than seeing Sirius, Peter, and Remus, Is tryouts for quidditch.

I yawn and run a hand through my tangled hair. I grab my glasses and run downstairs. I had already packed the night before and really the only thing I had to do was get dressed in my muggle clothing.

"Hi mum." I said as I ran into the kitchen. She smiled at me, "'Morning James. You sure look happy this morning." I roll my eyes. She smiles and slides a plate of cinnamon rolls in front of me. I grin. She ruffles my hair, "Amazing what muggles can do, huh?" I nod my head vigorously. She laughs and walks into the other room.

I finish my plate in about ten seconds, then I look at the clock. 10:50 I shot up and called, "Mum! We've got to go!" I heard her muffled reply, because of the walls, "Get in the fireplace!" I bolted up the stairs and into my room. I grabbed my luggage and ran back down the stairs.

My mum was waiting in the fireplace, glancing at her watch. I walked in with her. She smiled at me. "Do you have the invisibility cloak?" I grinned and nodded.

Flashback

"Come on James, open this last one." My mum said, sharing a look with my Dad. I grabbed the big package, ignoring the looks my parents were giving each other. I ripped it open. Inside was a cloak. I tried to put on a fake smile. "Thanks!" I said. My parents chuckled.

"Well, let's see it then," My Dad said, sharing another glance with my mum. I took it out and threw it around myself. I sighed and looked down, ready to see how ugly I looked in this thing.

When I looked down, there was nothing there. There was no cloak. And I couldn't see my body. I looked at my mum and Dad in awe. My Dad chuckled. "It's an invisibility cloak." I put it over my entire body. I could see through it, but obviously nobody else could see me. I saw my parents scan the room, trying to find me.

I decided to scare them. I snuck around them and said, "Boo!" I actually made them jump, I call that a success.

I smile at the memory. One of the first things I thought of when I got the cloak was, What a great thing to use for pranks. But, for real, it's like they gave it to me, knowing that I'd be using it for pranks.

"I'm sorry that your father isn't here." my mom says as we step out of the grate. I roll my eyes, "Mom, you've given me this speech before!" She sighs, "I know but I just wanted to make sure you knew-" I nod my head and cut her off, "Yeah, I know. I love you mom." I kiss her and she smiles. "Love you, James. I'll see you at Easter Holidays." I hug her and run off to the train.

Then, I get tackled by someone. I turned around and saw Sirius, He was holding his back, "Ow, Ow, Ow, Ow, bad idea! Bad Idea!" I look at him, "What?" Then I realized that he must have cuts. There were too many people around for me to feel comfortable talking about that.

"Have you seen Remus Or Peter." Sirius asks. I shook my head, "Remus owled us at 10:00 that they would meet us on the train. They were going to be coming late. Let's get on the train." I say and we hop onto the train as the warning whistle blew.

---

Literally 299 views! Thank you! Please keep commenting!