Day Nine: Shall We?

I ran to the girls dorm as quickly as possible and got to the front door. Inside there wasn't much movement, except for a small group of girls. I focused my sight and could just make out Angie's crimson hair and rosy cheeks. I tapped on the window to get their attention, to an astounding result. Angie lead the group, and smiled once she saw me, the other girls giggled and whispered.

"Angie I need to speak with you... in private.", I said in a hushed voice so only to allow her to hear. She nodded in response and pardoned herself from the mass. We  headed out to the back of the dorm as a rendezvous. I stood by the door, not moving and cool on the outside. However my core was shaking, trembling at my own thoughts and the many scenarios that could unfold. The door swung open and Angie was the only one to step out. I tapped her shoulder and she spun around with a gasp of shock.

After receiving a well deserved punch to the arm, she smiled at me. My guess would be that I am doing well after her treatment. I stood still, trying to find the right way to word the question. As this happened I didn't notice Angie getting closer to me. I felt her hand on my cheek, slowly brushing it. The warmth was so lovely, it never seems to affect me when it is Angie's warmth. I clasped my hand over hers and blushed softly. We sat still and gazed into each other's eyes. I could feel my free arm reaching out to pull her close. Her slender figure guided my hand around her waist. She did not object, rather she rested her head on my chest. I could feel my heart throbbing, and she more than likely could as well. 

I pulled away from the tender embrace and once again looked into her eyes. She blushed brightly and started twirling her hair slowly. I grasped her hand and smiled softly, nearly forgetting my original intent of calling upon her this evening. I cleared my throat, then said with a gentle voice, "Angie, this is awkward to ask you, especially considering how little time we have known each other, but I was wondering if yo-"

I was interrupted by a sudden force that pushed me to the ground and sealed my lips. Angie had tackled me into a kiss. My eyes widened for a small time, but closed as I held her tight. She stopped and smiled wide. "I hoped you were going to ask me sooner or later... I am glad Nirvana... My betrothed!"

My eyes widened once more as I registered her words. She already knew?...No... she knew before today... Since when?! The questions kept piling up as I gazed upon her ecstatic expression. My worry soon melted away into a slight happiness. I stood and helped her to her feet as well, only for me to stoop back onto one knee and hold her hand gently. I kissed the ring finger of her left hand, making a small band of ice form around it. Her smiled became more pronounced as she held up the small ring. I stood once more and held her close, much to her enjoyment. We parted ways for a the time being, so I headed back to my dorm room to bring the night to a close.

I could still feel her hand on my cheek, as I lay on my bed. I smiled and succumbed to sleep, allowing the weight of this world fly away. I couldn't wait for tomorrow's arrival for some reason.