Day Eleven: Dreams in the Water

"...Wake up? What the Hell do you mean?", I questioned to the boy. His blank expression did not change, instead he walked to me and sighed. The water that surrounded him released its grip on his body. The pace quickened, but my stance did not waver, I stood still and looked him dead in the eye as he kept coming at me in at an ever quickening pace. He soon stood only a few feet away and glared back at my icy gaze. "You. Are. Dense.", he said through gritted teeth. I saw his brow twitch with irritation as I continued to gaze at him with confusion. Again he sighed and laughed softly. "You think that the world you are waking to is real? Wow, I guess he does some convincing simulations then..."

My reaction was lack-luster because his statement only confused me even more. Simulation? There is no possible way that is right. Soon I smiled at the boy and agreed with him, "Yeah, very convincing indeed. Almost had me fooled there for a second." 

He could see through my bluff so easily, his hands wrapped around my throat and squeezed hard. I began to panic, but again my stance would not waver. Why can't I move?! The boy's eyes darkened and looked familiar... As did his facial features, and hair... Another me?! His tone became more hostile than before,"Wake your frozen ass up already! Your dreams are the true reality!" I felt his nails start to penetrate my skin, blood trickled down slowly, my vision fading quickly, and breath labored. I gave his stomach a sharp and swift kick, which thankfully broke his grip on me. I looked at him and saw he didn't take too long to recover from that blow. I stood still, unable to move, still unsure as to why though. I just kicked him, so why can't I move now?

My doppelganger slapped his forehead and snapped his fingers. "I forgot about that... You can't move because I'm still holding your form... right.." His body soon lost all my features and began to fade into a black shape, excluding two yellow orbs that may be representing eyes. I took one step forward and sighed with relief that I could now move on my will. I still looked at the doppelganger that now swayed back and forth on its heels. I piped up and said, "So... mind explaining this whole 'Not the true reality' thing to me?"

It simply nodded and pointed me to the water's edge. I followed to the spot where it had pointed and peered into the shimmering body. The light that I thought was just that of the celestial body above was not, rather it was that of memories. The school, my foster parents, my friends, everything just flashing by my eyes. I looked behind me toward the doppelganger to ask why this was, but it had left. I looked back across the lake and saw the boy from before... I saw myself begin to walk into the water, the last thing I heard before the mouth was covered was a shrill scream and his voice shouting "Wake up!" then it was going deeper and deeper until the head disappeared. 

I believe it is time I did just that.