Day One: Shocking Revelations

I really cannot remember if I fell asleep, or was still awake, because my blanket was frozen and shattered into pieces, and my room was a complete mess, with my groggy body sitting up at the epicenter. Either way, I got up, grabbed my trunk and key, and headed down stairs for breakfast. The kitchen was permeated with sausage, biscuits, and oranges. Mother was the only one in the house besides me, Father was already headed to work. I took a biscuit and placed a sausage inside of it, slipped off my glove and chilled it to where I could eat it without consequence. Mother turned to me with a joking smile,

"I see it was still too hot for you."

"Yeah, but it's fine now.", I said while putting my glove back on and biting into the frigid food. Our conversation didn't last long, we only broke the ice until I finished my breakfast, grabbed my luggage and headed for the door. Saying goodbye I headed out to Surya High, humming songs that came to my head. When I passed by the electronics store I heard a song that was alluring, it rang with the sound of angel. The song was named "Snowstorm" it was from a show that I love called Rosario+Vampire, and the character who sang it was my personal favorite, Mizore Shirayuki. I was caught in ecstasy, until I heard a familiar voice from behind me, so I turned around and was shocked to see a girl who looked familiar.

"Hey are you that boy my sister saw yesterday?"

She smiled, and gazed at me. her clothes are different than her sister's. They are collage of blue and purple, including her hair. The only thing that really seemed to really differentiate her was that she had a backpack on that had names written on it in black ink. My mind is in a scramble, she seems colder but had an upbeat personality. Again I backed up slowly, because of my shy nature, but she didn't try to make a move to get closer. She only stood there, smiling and giggling every now and then.

"Wanna walk with me? I could show you the quickest route to school.", she said finally. I only nodded, and followed her without uttering a word for most of the way. When we were only about two blocks away from the school, I got my foot caught in a pothole which caused me to trip and fall to the ground, the lid to my trunk flew open, and my hood came off as I fell. Frantically I grabbed the contents of my trunk and threw them back in before they were blown away. After I finished I sat down on the lid of the trunk to catch my breath, forgetting that mysterious girl was still in front of me.

"Hey, you are really cute.", she whispered into my ear. That caught me completely off guard, making me jump back, and pulling on my hood.

"Y-you saw my face didn't you?!", I questioned frantically. She laughed and told me I shouldn't hide my face but instead let people know how I look. She walked closer grabbing my hood and pulled back, revealing my appearance. I stood there numb from shock, thinking about how she would become like all the other women who had seen my face, but she didn't react like all the others did.

"Why you hide a treasure like this from the world? Just looking at you would melt my heart.", she said earnestly but without the usual girlish giggle at the end. This was new to me, she actually had restraint against my curse of a power. I grabbed my trunk and flipped my hood back on. When we arrived at the gate, she took off to the building waving goodbye to me as she did. I headed to the boy's dorm rooms so I could put my things then head to the entrance ceremony.

The dorm I had been assigned was, dorm number 300, however the rooms only went up out 290. When I asked the upperclassmen where it was they either laughed or stared at me with confusion.

"That dorm doesn't exist... moron." this seemed to be the most common response that I received from anyone I talked to. Running out of options I headed to the main office to inquire about my "nonexistent" room. The halls were lined with an abundance of classrooms on one side, and a beautiful garden that was tended to with care from expert hands that broke the monotonous look every now and then. The longer I traversed the halls, the more I realized that I have yet to learn my way around this place. Acting as a shot in the dark, I tried every corner but everything seemed to be the same as before. A good ten minutes went by and I had made no progress what so ever. I sat down to relax a bit before I continued my search, but as fate would have it, I heard two familiar voices once more.