Chapter 1

Lacys POV

"My name is Lacy Carmichael. I'm 16 years old... Blah blah blah. I live in New Jersey with my family. Does anyone really care about what the hell I say? Is anyone actually listening?"

No one is really bothered by what I'm saying, they all just look like they're one step closer to a foot in the grave. My train of thought is interrupted when my counsellor speaks up...

"We are listening Lacy. Lacy just take a few deep breaths, calm down."

I listen to his instructions and start taking deep breaths.

In,out

In,out

"Now Lacy, why don't you tell the group why you're here?"

"Well... I'm here because... Well, I overdosed on a few sleeping pills and ended up in hospital. My parents... Um.. thought it was a good idea to send me here. So, I'm in this rehab center, right here in Jersey, for overdosing on drugs."

I finished my sentence and let out a shaky breath. I was telling complete strangers about my drug addiction.

"Why don't you tell us more about those pills? Where you got them. Why you use them."

I shake my head and take a seat next to the alcoholic boy that I met when my mom signed me in to this center.

"Its ok to talk Lacy, this is a safe place."

"Well I had the pills, they're prescription meds that my doctor prescribes for my insomnia, I took them because..."

I am interrupted when the door opens abruptly, revealing two boys.

"Sorry we're late, the traffic was intense."

****************************************************************************

Hope you enjoyed the first chapter!!
If you're confused, chill it's the first chapter
Lots of Love
-Your Author