Chapter 7

Lacy's POV
"Asher?"

"Oh my goodness Lacy! I haven't seen you in years!" He yells, the sound echoing throughout the room as he runs up to me. He picks me up and twirls me around, squeezing me as tight as possible. I missed him so much!

Asher was my best friend from when I was about five. We met at preschool when he shared his cookie with me under the swing set. When we were about 13 his family moved to Spain, it broke my heart to watch him leave.

"What are you doing back here!" I asked, still hanging onto him like a lost puppy. He still smelt like pineapples, even after all these years. When we were younger he used to buy pineapple ice-lollies for us on a Saturday afternoon and we would sit on our secret bench, overlooking the stunning waves on the Jersey shore.

"We moved back from Spain about a week ago (AN: Why am I like this?... |: ) and now I'm over at St. Lawrence, visiting a family member" He mumbles into my hair, finally letting me breathe, but still holding my hand in his.

"Lacy, would you like to introduce me to Mr. Model over here?" Arthur speaks up, scaring the living daylights out of me. I laugh at his confidence, as I take a step back. "Asher, this is Arthur. Arthur, Asher." I chuckle as Arthur whispers something I don't hear.

"Okay, session 147 please enter the center! I have some exciting news." I hear our counselor call us. I look over to Asher, sad to be already leaving him. I promise to call him later on and hug him one last time, him kissing my cheek. Arthur grabs the belt loop on my jeans, pulling me back and dragging me into the center.

I eventually give in and walk in behind Arthur into the center, while Grayson walks right at the back of the pack, ignoring my calls to him.

Grayson's POV
Our session starts off like any other would, with each of us talking about our feelings and then doing some exercises with paints and markers to express our feelings through some art.

We split into groups of four, each group moving to a table and setting our page in front of us. I reach for some paints and begin my artwork. My group consists of me, Ethan, Arthur and Lacy. I'm not very good at drawing or painting or anything artistic for that matter. I look around our table to look at everyone else's pieces.

Arthur's piece is simple, yet very thought out. I wish I could draw like he could. I move my eyes over to Ethan's page. Ethan, like myself, isn't very good at drawing either. His was a few scribbles on the page with a black marker, they would've looked quite intricate to an outsider, but I knew exactly what every mark on the page meant.

I then looked over to Lacy, her drawing was covered by her arm, her left hand had smudges of charcoal along the edge. Although when she finally moved her arm away to admire her semi-finished artwork, I was shell shocked...

Lacy's POV
I remove my arm from covering my artwork to critique it when I hear Grayson gasp from across the table. I look up at him to notice his eyes staring right at my drawing. I immediately remove the page from his view, stuffing it onto my lap before getting up to show our counselor.

Our counselor is a fairly old man of about 65 with a white mustache and a balding head. He is a very sweet man whom I have become very close with over the past few weeks. He enjoys seeing my artworks because he believes I am very talented, but also helps me critique them as a former artist himself.

"Got a new masterpiece for me today?" He asks as he notices me standing awkwardly next to the chair he was seated at.

"Oh far from it, I can't find a single part that I didn't totally mess up!" I speak, quite exasperated if I'm honest.

"Well lets see it shall we..?" I warily hand over the upside down page and watch him turn it over glancing at the drawing before an expression I don't recognize is plastered over his face. He is about to speak when he stops mid sentence to examine the piece once again, which worries me even more.

"Lacy, this is incredible. I can't flaw it!" He finally roars, a smile immediately overtaking his features.

"I know right!" Someone speaks up from behind me.

****************************************************************************
Kinda don't know what I'm doing with my life rn😂
Wrote this instead of doing Bio, I procrastinate far too much
Anyways...
Lots of Love
-Your Author