Chapter 6

Grayson's POV
"There are one too few seats, mom." I speak, noticing the lack of available space in the vehicle.

Looking back at a confused Lacy and mom. Her mom speaks up, not helping with the situation, saying, "Oh dear, I see that."

I suddenly think of an idea, not fully thinking it through before saying, "Lacy, you can sit on my lap. I don't mind?" Her mom didn't seem bothered at the idea, speaking up"Great idea Grayson, now come on Lacy we have a schedule to keep."

Lacy warily walks over to the door where I am waiting for her. I step into the car and take my seat next to Ethan, with Lacys sister sitting in the front seat next to her mother. Lacy climbs into the car as well, steadily placing herself in my lap with an arm around my neck to keep stable.

As we begin driving, she starts wriggling in my lap, trying to get comfortable I assume. I groan and flick her thigh, making her stop and stare at me. "Could you not?" I mumble trying to distract myself from the most beautiful girl I have ever laid eyes on. After a while she finally understands, "Oh whoops" Lacy giggles and blushes, burying her face in the crook of my neck, the same way as when we hugged the night before.

The drive is silent, only for a minute or two, until Lacys younger sister speaks up, mentioning something about the current song playing to her mother in the drivers seat. I recognize the song immediately as Black Beatles, a strong favorite of mine and Ethan's at the moment. Completely off topic Lacys mom mentions, "You know Lacy, we should get you driving. You take your test next year and you've hardly driven."

Lacy's POV
After my moms statement I feel like hurling myself out of the moving car. I absolutely hate driving, I almost threw up before my learners and now I have to take another test! Grayson feels me go tense and almost out of instinct starts rubbing circles on my back, calming me.

Damn he's good.

Then I hear Grayson speak up, "Maybe I could help Lacy with her driving Mrs Carmichael, It might be easier to learn when there's no stress of your parent driving with you." I slightly calm down at the thought of Grayson speaking words of encouragement to me, rather than my mom yelling at me from the passenger seat to keep my hands at '10 and 2'. Ethan then buts in "Grayson's a really good driver mam". (AN: Just to clarify, the twins are 17 in the story which means they have their driving permits, while Lacy is only 16 so she has her learners permit. Legal rules of Jersey, says google)

"Okay firstly, never call me mam! I'm not that old, at least I don't feel it. Secondly, I get your point Grayson but I don't think I'm comfortable with that. I mean, didn't you only get your permit two months ago?"

Now it's my turn to speak, "Mom, as much as the idea might scare you, I think this will benefit me."

"Oh alright, but don't crash my car! Actually, on second thought, you can use Grayson's car. I don't want to be apart of this" my mom huffs! Grayson and Ethan try and secretly high five while using some kind of twin telepathy to do I don't know what. Just then, we pull up outside the center as my mom cuts the engine ,letting the three of us get our bags and lives together. Avery silently cries in her seat as she sees us get further and further from her.

"You know you didn't have to do that right?" I murmur in Grayson's ear. He stops walking and turns to me, looking into my eyes. "I know, I wanted to" he whispers to me as he leans closer, nose touching my own as he says, "I feel like pizza."

"Asshole" I mutter as I make my way into the foyer and sit next to Arthur, who before was sitting alone. "What did I ever do to you" Arthur jokes as I put my head in my hands, sighing. "That sweet piece of meat is looking at you Lacy!" He whisper-shouts in my ear making my head turn.

"Asher?"

****************************************************************************

Oooh, who's Asher? *evil laugh*😏
Sorry I haven't updated in 800 years, I apologize😩
Lots of Love
-Your Author