Chapter 3

Lacys POV

"I made you some dinner, it's in the fridge if you want it."

"Yeah thanks mom, I'll have it later."

I run up the stairs to my room and shut the door once I'm inside. I take a moment to look around my room, nothing seems to have changed since I was here a week ago.
It's a Friday today. I stay at the center during the week and I'm allowed to go home for the weekend. I have that damn group rehab talk thing every day of the week.

I carefully placed my bag down next to my bed, alongside the easel my mom had gotten me for my birthday last year.

"Oh Lacy!" My mom shouts to me from the kitchen.

"Yes mom?"

"There is a family that has moved in down the road, we are going to visit them at 7pm sharp."

I check the time on my alarm clock.

6:30pm

"Oh and Lacy, please look presentable."

I glance down at my ripped jeans and fuzzy jumper that my gran knitted me for Christmas last year.

Well f*ck

I make my way over to my walk-in closet and start searching through the shelves and racks for something decent to wear. I pull out a pair of brown boots, a cropped maroon jumper, black skater skirt and a pair of stockings to tie the whole thing together.

 I pull out a pair of brown boots, a cropped maroon jumper, black skater skirt and a pair of stockings to tie the whole thing together

I check the time once again... 7pm sharp. As I see the time, mom yells to me from the kitchen. I make my way down the stairs and out the door, carrying the batch of chocolate cookies that my mom had baked.

We walked three houses down the road to where our new neighbors supposedly lived. It was a decent sized house with quite a large yard. My mom rang the doorbell and soon enough the door was opened.

In front of us stood a middle-aged woman and what seemed to be her husband. The woman had brunette hair and was wearing a beautiful blue shift dress with an apron tied around her waist. Her husband was dressed in a dark grey suit and had the same brunette hair, only slightly darker.

"Hi, hi! You must be Jeanette? So lovely to finally meet you." She was far to perky in my opinion, but my mom had warned me that she was quite 'neighborly'.

"Yes hi! I'm Jeanette and this is my daughter Lacy." My eyes rose from the floor when my name was mentioned. My mom nudged me and I shyly mumbled a 'hi'.

"Please come in, dinner is almost ready." The man spoke this time, opening the door wider so that we could enter the house.

I stuck firmly behind my mom and she strode confidently into the new surroundings. The house was modern, but cozy-looking. The strong scent of rosemary and chicken filled my nostrils. I noticed a girl setting up the table, she seemed three or four years older than I was.

"Oh excuse me, this is my daughter Cameron." She says and points to the older girl.

"Where are the boys? Boys come meet the neighbors!"

"Here!" They said in unison as they made their way down the stairs.

****************************************************************************
I really wanted to introduce the boys this chapter but... Oh well
Double update cause I disappeared for 80000000 years!
Lots of Love
-Your Author