Chapter 9

Lacy's POV.
"Dress comfortably. Dress comfortably. What exactly is 'comfortably'" I ponder out loud, throwing shirt after shirt, dress after dress off their hangers. I sigh loudly and decide to just get some lunch because I do have a few hours to get ready. Walking into the kitchen I notice my mom spraying some sort of liquid throughout the space.

"Umm Mom?"

"Yes sweets?"

"What are u doing?"

"Oh yes well, I was scrolling through some recipes on Pinterest the other day and I saw a post that had mentioned something about how this mixture is supposed to bring some sort of good vibes, whatever that means, into the kitchen which is supposed to make your food taste better" She explains, definitely not making me any less confused.

"And you thought it would work?"

"No of course not, but there's no harm in trying it."

"I guess so" I say, walking over to the pantry to get a pack of these amazing chocolate chip rainbow cookies I found at the store the other day. I'm about to leave the kitchen when my mom calls me.

"Lacy?"

"Yip"

"So what are you wearing tonight? Where are you going? Are you excited?" She asks, bombarding me with questions as she always does.

"I don't know, I don't know and I don't know"

"How about we go shopping?" She asks.

"Mom, this is the best idea you've had all day!" I say grabbing her arm and her keys, heading out the door.

We drive for a few minutes before arriving at the mall, deciding first to go to the hairdresser because why not?

"Mom, are you sure this is the best idea?" I say as the hairdresser takes the scissors to a large chunk of my hair.

"What's the worst that could happen?" Mom ponders as I hear the first snip of hair fall to the floor of shining tiles beneath me.

What seems like hours go by, which was realistically only forty-five minutes or so, before the hairdresser suddenly stops snipping.

"Oh Lacy it's perfect!" Mom squeals from the sofa in the corner where she'd been perched for the length of the appointment. "Grayson's going to love it! I know it".

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Hey All, here's a draft from two years ago. Let me know if you want more and I'll start writing again.

Lots of Love
-Your Author

Here's my ig for everyone who was asking: @jos.ward