Chapter 2.

Jacob’s POV

My name is Jacob Hunters, I’m 19, and currently searching for my mate. I’m the alpha of the largest, strongest, and the most feared pack all around the world. I’m the alpha of the Lakeside pack. I’m not a manwhore as most would say and I don’t sleep around like most men. I wanted to wait for my mate to come along ad so that when she does, she won’t reject me.

One of my most loyal and respectful group of friends in my pack has a young sister, around 15 years old, that doesn’t know about werewolves or mates. The worst part is that she is due to shift in a few days and they need me to help her find her mate. I told them to bring her here and I’ll try and do my best. They left worried and uneasy as how to go on with the problem and what was going to happen when we tried out my suggestion.

----------Few hours later----------

I was on a run so that I could let my wolf out. He’s been so riled up ever since Alex and his friends came over about his sister shifting soon. I mean yes I’m worried, she pack. Why wouldn’t I be?

As I’m running I hit this scent that smells like honey and lilacs. I have heard that for everyone that finds there mate they have a distinct scent that only you can smell. I think that this is her. My wolf, Ryan, is going crazy right now. It’s freaking me out in some ways.

“Ryan, buddy. Calm down. What’s the matter?” I asked him.

“Follow the scent. NOW!” He barked at me.

As I followed the scent, I had reached the point where it was at its strongest point. I looked over the bush and saw the most beautiful girl in the entire world.

“MATE! GO TO HER! NOW!” Ryan yelled at me.

She was saying something and I didn’t notice.

“Why? She’s human, she’s going to run.” I asked confused. It’s not every day that a girl falls in love some random animal in the forest.

“GO! NOW!” Ryan yelled at me again. Despite my fights of rebellion he forced me to start walking towards her.

As I was walking towards her I stepped on a branch and it snapped with the amount of weight placed on it. She looked around and searched frantically and said something, but I don’t know what, I was too busy looking at her face. It was tear-streaked and her small figure was shaking.

When she finally saw me, she stopped moving, her figure was still, and her eyes wide with fear as clear as day in them. We started at each other for a few seconds while I emerged from the bush that I was currently behind.

“Let me take over.” Ryan, my wolf said.

“Why?” I asked him.

“Trust me.” He responded.

I let him take over while I watched what he was doing. He began to whimper and get onto his belly and then proceeded over to her on his stomach. She stopped shaking and was now laughing. And at what I have no clue. I was a wolf and she was a human, why would she be laughing in this situation? All that I know is that she is one strange human. Maybe what happens to her is that when she gets scared she laughs.

“Hello li- big wolf. My name is Samantha, Samantha Sparrow.” She started to scratch me and it felt so nice. I licked her face, she laughed and I did the stupidest thing. I howled, but the thing was that i didn’t howl in pain but in happiness. My Beta, his mate, my mom, dad, my third in command, and his mate all ran to see what I was so happy about.

When she could hear their footsteps, she took her hands from my fur and held her legs to her chest, she rocked back-and-forth, eyes wide with fear, and was repeating,

“I’m going to die! I am going to die! I should have listened to Alex and Julia.” I then got in front of her in a protective stance and then growled. The paws stopped and I told them through the mind-link.

“STOP! STOP MOVING! NOW!”

They all stopped and started to retreat slowly.

This one word was all it took for everything to go silent, the one word that I always wanted to hear, and the one word that made me, ecstatic.

“Mate.” She whispered.

I turned around and…

Fan

Comment

Vote

@Sammichi