Chapter 7

Sweet Kiss

Dante

She fell silent for a moment before turning her head toward mine.

"Sinong Ina? Wait.."

I laughed at her innocence. How do I get to taint this innocent baby?

"Ina. Catalina." I said like it was a matter of factly. "It's you, Catalina."

"Ah," saad niya saka tumango. Iniwas niya ang kaniyang mukha sa'kin saka sinubukang alisin ang aking braso nang mas higpitan ko pa iyon. I'm definitely not gonna let her go. "I thought you want me to play the piano?"

"Well, sorry."

She took the chance of getting away from me when I loosened my hold. Her baby steps showed how innocent she is. Huminto siya saka ako nilingon, her lips is in a wide smile as she invited me to the piano. I would pay millions just to see her smile like that.

"You wouldn't want to miss how good I'll be playing your piano." She said teasingly, her hands playing on the thing I wished to give her. Kung alam niya lang na binili ko ang bagay na iyan, personally para sa kaniya. Kung alam niya lang siguro na alam kong tumutugtog siya ng piano. It was for her. All for her.

With long strides, I close the gap between us making her gasp. I led her to the chair and sat beside her. Nang buksan niya ito ay dahan-dahan iyon. And I wonder to myself how her baby steps attract me so damn much.

Her fingers touched the keys almost a feather like touching the shining material against her hands. She looks so angelic. Nang magsimula nang maglaro ang kaniyang mga daliri sa bawat keys, nakita mismo ng aking mga mata ang pagmamahal niya sa musika. Lalong lao na sa paglalaro ng piano. Ramdam ko ang koneksyon niya rito at kahit paghiwalayin ay nasisiguro kong hindi ito mawawala sa puso ng bawat isa. And I just fall in love with her in every second that her hands played it like she owned it. As if tonight was her night. And this is how it felt to see it firsthand. Hindi sa videos o sa litrato. I feel like a fool, watching her. The devil's heart moving to the rhythm of the angel's heart.

Her first choice ended with a smile. Her eyes wide open as she stares back at me with every step on the pedals.

Akala ko ay hindi na siya tutugtog pang muli ngunit nang marahan niyang iminuwestra ang kamay sa keys at pinikit ang mata, I knew by then that it wasn't just a strong connection that binds her and the instrument. I felt how they became one as she played it with her eyes closed. I saw how her lips parted in contentment, sighing in every beautiful sound that she created.

"That's lovely, Ina."

She laughed at me when she finished the two songs. Hindi man siya nagsalita sa buong pagtugtog niya ay naramdaman ko ang pag subok niya na i-konekta ako sa kanilang dalawa. And she didn't fail because I felt them as they become one.

"I hope you enjoyed it, sir."

Umiling na lamang ako saka lumapit pa sa kaniya. I was relieved because she was feeling comfortable as time passes by.

"I love it, Ina. I love how you played it with all your heart and I would love to hear more than that."

Umiwas siya nang tingin, her awkward laugh obvious as she moves away from me, creating a distance between us. But even if it was the slightest, getting away from me makes me feel so scared.

"Hindi libre ang pagtugtog ko, Dante." She stated jokingly and laughed again, awkwardly.

Before I could even think straight, I already pulled her chin to face me, leaning unto her as I stared intently at her lips. Oh, how much I wanted to kiss those plump pink lips. And in that very moment, I let it drown me as I leaned closer only to feel her warm soft lips pressed against mine. It was just a peck but it was more than enough to send me at the edge.