*Ten*

((Marissa's POV))

It's been four days since I formally met Ashley, my boss. Well, the lesser-important one. I can't stop thinking about the way she grinned at Kendra. I don't even understand why I'm so upset. Kendra isn't even mine. She will probably never be mine.

I pick up my notebook and sketching pencil and start sketching a picture of the Cheshire Cat from Alice In Wonderland. Sketching helps me think without getting too upset about difficult feelings. I'm laying on my bed, trying to find any way I can to not break down and panic.

Kendra hasn't been talking to me at all lately. I'm nervous as all hell because we haven't even known each other very long and I shouldn't care. But I do. I'm beyond confused. I don't understand her. I thought she wanted me and had feelings for me, but I don't know. I'm all so new to this...

My phone buzzes and it's just some Facebook notifications. I set down my sketchbook and pencil and decide to smoke a bowl to calm myself down. In my opinion, it's the best type of therapy. Pot, tea, music, and meditation. I love reggae. It's so soothing and sometimes gets me energized. I listen to Bob Marley, Tenor Saw, Wayne Smith, Tommy Lee Sparta mostly. I drink all kinds of tea, except for Chai. I can't stand the taste.

Once I'm tired of smoking from my bowl, I light up a blunt and am content with that. I pinch it softly and takes hits from it while unlocking my phone to check Facebook. There's nothing important until I scroll down to where it shows who has liked my photos. This girl I recently friended liked some of my photos. My face gets warm.

Wow, I can't believe it. Someone as pretty as her actually found something of plain old me interesting. No...she probably thought it was someone else's name and liked them. Wait, but it's my face. How do you mistake that for someone else's?

I mentally slap myself.

Shut up, you're such an over thinker.

I set my phone down with a heavy sigh and finish off my artfully crafted blunt.

Stupid feelings.

((A/N: This was a filler chapter, but I also feel like it wasn't because it showed that Marissa was starting to actually feel something for Kendra, or does she? I do not like filler chapters, but my updates have been slow lately and I felt like a double-update was necessary. I m hoping that more people read this book but I'm happy with the 30 wonderful views that I have currently on this book.

 Anyways, thank you for voting and reading, it's much appreciated and I'm going to start updating some of my other books. I'm hopefully going to finish TGITFH soon because that one is longish and I don't know how much further I can drag it out before having to start a second book if needed. There's only so much overly dramatic problems you can cram into one book. 

But anyways, how do think this book is going so far? Do you like it? Any ideas on what should happen?))