Fifeteen

Charlotte—

I quietly led Sophia to my room. I had convinced my parents to let Sophia stay with us, mainly since you her and Brayden broke up. I knew how worried she was.

She sat on the couch in my room. "Are you sure that I stay here? I have a baby on the way."

"Yes." I smiled, "I'm gonna try to help you get on your feet. I can help you find a job, get you an apartment, whatever you need."

She sighed, "I'm sorry. For uh, flirting with Joey. I guess," she shrugged, "I guess I was just jealous of what you have."

I sat on the edge of my bed. "It's okay. Stuff happens, and feelings get in the way. I'd like to be friends, if that's okay." I assured.

"Even though I basically tried to break you and Joey up?" She questioned.

I smiled, "Sophia, I forgive you. The past is in the past. Jesus would've done the same thing. He does it everyday."

"Jesus?" She asked.

"Are you not religious?"

Sophia shook her head, "No. I never had the chance. My family were strong atheists."

"Would you like to come to church with me on Sunday? I think you'll like it." I offered.

"Sure." She replied, "I'll give it a try."

~*~*~

Sophia held her small bump nervously as the three of us walked into church. Her, Joey and I.

Donald glared at Sophia as we met up with our normal group. Spencer, the Grimms, the Grahams, the Powells and Donald.

Sophia looked down and swallowed.

I sighed, "Donald, come on. Stop."

"What is she doing here?" He asked.

"She's giving church a chance." I answered, "Now, come on. Give her a chance. People can change, Donald."

Sophia smiled slightly at him, "Donnie, I swear, I'm trying to change. Not for me, but for my baby."

"Y-You're pregnant?" He asked.

Sophia nodded, "Baby Woods will be joining the world in April."

"What happened to the father?" He questioned.

She sighed, "Brayden left me last night, or I left him. Something like that."

Donald scoffed and rolled his eyes. I smiled at Sophia, "Come on. Let's go sit down."

She nodded, "Okay."

I looked up at Joey, kissing his cheek.

"I love you. We'll come find you guys later." Joey whispered.

"I love you too." I gently squeezed his hand before letting go.

I nodded to Sophia, and we began walking to our seats. As we walked off, I could hear Joey scolding Donald quietly. I had actually got Joey to forgive Sophia and give her a shot at being friends. So far, it was working.

Sophia laughed slightly, "I know this is weird because I'm his ex, but what do you love most about him?"

"There's a lot of things I love about him. His love for God and music is a big reason. The way his eyes light up when he's talking about something he's passionate about. Or his laugh. I really love his laugh." I smiled.

She bit her lip, "Yeah. In high school, he wasn't super popular, but he was well known. He was always sweet to people. I regret cheating on him. Hurting him like I did. I don't know why I did that."

I shrugged, "It's all God's plan. He's got a plan for you, for me, for your baby."

"I don't get why you're being so nice to me." She sighed.

Sophia followed me through the row, and sat down next to me. I smiled warmly at her.

"I believe that people always deserve a second chance. I also believe that people can change, but only if they try. Honestly, the past is in the past, and I'm letting go!"

"Did you just quote Frozen?" She giggled.

"Yeah. Maybe." I laughed.

Sophia and I talked for a little while before the rest of our group showed up. Joey sat on the opposite side of me. He took my hand, locking our fingers and kissing my cheek.

"Hey, sweetheart." He smiled.

"Hey, baby."

~*~*~

After church, Sophia had gone to meet up with a friend of hers down here, so Joey and I went back to my house.

It was actually silent when we walked in. Which was oddly unusual. Especially with Dean and Aubrey.

"Where is everyone?" Joey asked.

I shrugged, walking into our kitchen. I narrowed my eyes as I noticed the note on the counter. I sat down on the bar stool, and picked it up, carefully reading it.

I figured you and Joey would come here. Don't worry about us. Your mom and I went out with a few friends for the day. Aubrey is staying the night with her friend. And Dean had left after we went church. He's currently on his way to New York, Dean had gotten a job offer at a game developing company, so he's getting that. If Joey is with you, you two are more than welcome to anything in the house. Have fun, and please no funny business. <3

–Dad.

I laughed, "My dad is so weird."

I looked up to Joey as he focused on the note. He smiled and looked down to me as he finished. I sat the note down, and turned around, swinging myself onto the counter.

"Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" Joey asked, laying his hands on my waist.

"Sweats, wine and pizza rolls?" I grinned.

He nodded, and his lips curled into a smile. "Now I remember why I fell in love with you." He laughed.

I wrapped my arms around his neck, and my legs around his waist, pulling him closer. "I love you." I whispered.

"I love you too, Charlotte." He mumbled, connecting our lips.

I pulled back and yelped as his slid down and wrapped around my thighs, lifting me off the counter. Joey laughed as he turned around, and started for my room.

"Why are you carrying me?" I asked.

"I don't know. I just felt like it." He shrugged, climbing the stairs.