Chapter 3

A rainy wednesday morning. I was on my way to school. I looked at the window of my car. It seems very gloomy out there. I didn't like that. I said to Kuya Gabby to turn the radio on. He turned it on and the song "Never be alone" by Shawn Mendes played. It seems like the radio DJ blended his music with the weather. The melody of the song was very perfect for a rainy morning.

As I watch the racing raindrops on the window, I didn't realize that we're already in school. I was so busy watching it. I lost track of time because of that but I didn't regret it since it was the reason why I escaped the boredom that almost invade my mind. And thanks to Shawn, I owe him that moment. That song helped me to avoid the creation of ennui inside the car.

Everybody holds an umbrella as I observed the surroundings while walking down the hall. I stopped and looked at the sky. I loved this kind of weather. A normal cold rain shower. Like the ones in an anime film. It was very sincere. So peaceful. For me, it was very tranquil. I stared at the trees, the football field. I stared at them blankly. I just want to stare at them.

"It's a very cold morning, huh?" someone said.

"Yes, it is.." I replied without looking.

"Guess you like it."

"How did you know?"

"Because I like rainy days too. It's very relaxing"

I looked at the person I was talking with, and I found out that the girl I am speaking with was the girl from the enrollment, the girl whom I bumped into, the girl with the sweetest smile, the girl that looked like an angel, the girl named Mia. I was very sure that she was Mia. I couldn't be wrong.

"You're Mia, right?" I asked, out of the blue.

"I thought you don't remember." She smiled again. Oh! That smile! It made my heart melt.

"How could I forget about it? You're the first person I knew in this school."

"Yes. I am the first one. But we won't know each other if we looked at our own ways."

"Maybe destiny led us to each other.."

*riiiiingg..*

Damn that bell.

"I gotta go now." she said.

"Wait. Can I have your number? So we could talk sometime."

She gave me her number. I gave her mine too. As soon as we got each others number, we said our goodbyes and parted our ways. It wasn't an ordinary day in school. It was Club Day. So every students were in their respective clubs.

After that tiring day because we were all jam-packed with school or should I say club-works, I lie down on my bed trying to take a nap. I wish Mom wouldn't disturb me for a little while because we all knew how moms really excited to extract some stories from their children about their day. After almost 15 minutes of trying, I grabbed my phone and played some games, specifically Stacks and Color Switch. I got bored so drop my phone beside me. I suddenly remember that I already have Mia's number. Should I text her? We're not that close. After my mind protested about the thought, I sent a message to Mia.

To: Mia

"Hey!"

I didn't bother myself to wait for her reply but as soon as my phone got a message, she was the first person to popped out of my mind. I grabbed my phone and look at the screen.

From: 0915*******

"Congratulations, Sir/Ma'am! Your sim card won Php700,000 from "GMA Kapuso Milyonaryo". To claim your prize please reply with your Name/Age/Birthday/Address. I am Atty. Felipe L. Gozon. Per DTI-NCR Permit #5448-series of 2016"

F*ck this scammers! They were using a decent company's name for their sh*tty acts. This was bloody ridiculous. Shame on their ancestors. I was flooded with my thoughts regarding those scammers when I received another message.

From: Mia

"Oh hey, Mike."

I was astonished by her reply. I didn't expect her to reply on my stupid message.

To Mia:

"I was wondering if we could be textmates."

I sent her that message after I read her reply. I sounded like a complete idiot. I regretted sending that message because it makes me feel so troubled. What if she won't look at me the same way again? What if we feel awkward when we meet? What if she was laughing right now because I am a lame, stupid person? I am flooded by those thoughts.

From: Mia

"It's okay with me."

Aha! I knew it. I won't be feeling awkwardness after all. We sent each other messages for an hour until my Mom knocked.

*tok.. tok.. tok..*

"The food's ready, Son." said by my Mom.

"Yeah! I'll be there in a minute."

"Make sure of that, Son. You know how I dislike making graces wait for us."

"Yes, Mom! I'm almost ready."

"Okay!"

~RefMonster

(A/N: I'll be editing the next chaps so thanks to all of you guys who were still supporting this shit! Love you guys.x)