Chapter 10~Turning of Events

I woke up. I smelled something tasty. I went to my bathroom and brush my teeth, rinse my mouth and wash my face. I went downstairs and straight to the dining room. I found my mom eating her breakfast. Fried rice, eggs, bacons, longganisa, beef tapa and hot chocolate, those are the foods that were served to my mom. I craved for those foods then my mom noticed my presence and invites me to join her.

"Michael, why don't you join me here?"

"Thanks Mom."

"By the way son, good morning!" she greeted me with a genuine smile on her face.

"Good morning, too, Mom!" I greeted back and smiled at her.

I get 4 bacons and an egg as my viand. I filled my mouth with those foods and found myself chocking. Mom handed me a cup of hot chocolate and commanded me to drink (or maybe she wanted me to sip, but I wanted to drink though).

"Michael, be careful. As I've always been telling you to eat slowly. You're not in a race, Mike. Be careful." She said.

"Thanks Ma. Yeah, I remember that."

"Be sure you remember my words."

"Yea I'm pretty sure Ma."

"By the way, son, your Ninong Clarence will come tomorrow around 6-7 in the evening and he said he's bringing Colyn with him."

"Yes Ma. Colyn informed me."

"That'll be great. So I'm expecting you to stay."

While having conversation with my mother, I suddenly realized that our 1st Monthsary will be on tomorrow.

"Mom, I can't."

"Why?"

"I have a date."

"With whom?"

"With my girlfriend, Mom."

"Okay.. Wait. WHAT?! You have a girlfriend and you didn't introduce her to us?"

"Mom.." I reached for her hands.

"Mom, my plan is that both you and Dad will meet her tomorrow."

"But you didn't tell us sooner. By the way, is she beautiful? Is she sexy? Is she kind? Is she friendly? Tell me, son, tell me?"

"Mom. Relax. You will meet her tomorrow morning."

"Okay fine. But be sure she's not one of those bitch students in your school."

"Yes Mom."

We continued eating our breakfast and I headed to my bathroom and take a bath. As always, I prepare my stuff and myself too. After finishing my daily routine, I went downstairs and find my mom.

"Mom!" I shouted with tone.

"Why, son?" Mom answered. I heard her voice from the dining area. I went there and I found my Mom helping our maids to prepare for the lunch.

"Mom, I'm going to school."

"Okay. Be good son"

"Yes Mom. I'm always good."

"Be safe, son. Goodbye" she gave me a peck to my cheek as a sign of parent-child relationship.

"Thanks Mom. Goodbye, see you later." I smiled and I hugged her.

"See you later, son"

I went to the garage and started my car. I drove on the road heading to our school. While listening to the radio, my phone rang and I fetched it on the dashboard.