Chapter 4

I was sitting on the floor leaning against the bookshelf while reading a book in the library for my report in my History class when someone sat beside me. At first, I didn't pay any attention on him because I was too busy reading the World History for I was running out of time since I didn't prepared for my report.

"Ehem." The stranger cleared his throat.

I looked at him only to find that it was a her.

"Can I help you?" I said.

"Where did you get that?" She pointed at the book I was holding.

"Umm.. There!" I pointed at the second row from the top shelf. After uttering those words, I put back my attention on the lesson I am studying.

"Thank you!" said the stranger.

"You're welcome!" I said without looking at her.

I wrote some notes on my notebook to familiarize myself on some words and important dates. I was writing the information about the gods of Egypt when I heard a loud thud. I quickly put down the book and look at where the sound came from. I stood up as I see her hurting from pain.

"Are you okay?" I asked her.

"Obviously, no!" she replied bitchily while still in pain.

"I'm bringing you to the clinic."

"I don't want."

"You might got a fracture so we need to have you checked."

I brought her to the clinic. The nurse assisted us immediately. She asked me what happened. I said that I didn't know, so the nurse asked her.

"I was going to get the World History book at the second from the top row in the library. I couldn't reach it so I climbed up. When I was about to get the book, I lost my grip on the shelf resulting me to fell down." she told the nurse.

"Is there someone there who can help you?" the nurse asked.

"Yes! There's someone who could help me to reached it." As she said those, she was looking at me.

I looked at the nurse only to find out that she was also looking at me while moving her head from left to right again and again wiggle. I felt that my pride was stepped on by that crazy girl.

"You should at least asked me for help!" I said not noticing that I raised my voice. Damn this girl.

"Everybody knows that I can't reach that high! So it is obvious that I needed some help." she snapped back.

I looked at her from head to toe. She's so small. Now I felt so guilty not helping her that time. I was just so busy so don't blame me.

"Okay, I'm sorry." I said.

"You should be."

"Well, I hope you two settled things out. By the way, it wasn't bad after all. Nothing serious so you only need to rest for some time to don't feel the pain." she said to her.

"Drink these to help you feel better." she handed over a pill to her. I was about to leave since she already went to one of the bedrooms covered with a curtain.

"Umm.. Mr. Reyes." I stopped and looked at the nurse.

"Yes?" I answered.

"Give this to.." she cut her words.

"Who's your next teacher?" She asked her from inside.

"Mr. Francisco" she replied.

"Okay. Give this letter to Mr. Francisco to have her excused for his subject. Clear?" She continued.

"Okay." I said.

I leaved the clinic to find Mr. Francisco. I went to the Faculty Room and didn't find him there so I asked the teacher there where he is. She said to me that he's in his class in Grade 8 at the second floor. I immediately went to his class.

*tok.. tok.. tok..*

"Come in!" he said softly. I came in and gave the letter to him. He read it as soon as he had the letter.

"Looks Rosie's in the clinic, isn't she?"

"Who's Rosie?" I asked.

"The girl that is said in this letter."

Oh! So Rosie is her name.

~RefMonster