Chapter 6

"I WILL NOT PASS!" Anne exclaimed in frustration as we exit the room.

"Mr. Stein must be sick for giving us that kind of test! It was the hardest test I took in my whole life!" Ericka ranted.

"Mine too" Jelin said in agreement.

"Guys! Look, it'll be easier if you just reviewed." Cass faced them.

"I reviewed the whole night, Cass! It's just that we're not that smart like you three." Anne said pointing on Cass, Ron and me.

"Okay. For you to forget about that stupid test, I'll treat you guys." I said.

"ARE YOU SICK?!" They all exclaimed at once.

"No. Why?" I chuckled.

"It's just that you're the thriftiest person we've met." Julius said.

"This is history guys!" Dianne exclaimed.

"Come on! Before he changed his mind." Anne clung on my arm then dragged me to the café outside the school.

I went to the counter to make an order. I ordered their choice of frappes and pasta. Of course, I paid for the bill. Then Isaiah and Arnel helped me to bring our orders to our table.

"I really still can't believe that you three didn't even put some effort to finish the test" Yssa said.

"I put some effort. I don't know about these two." Cass said pointing at Ron and me.

"It was difficult for me too." Ron said defensively. They are now looking at me.

"Hey! Don't look at me like I killed someone." I said. Anne raised her brow.

"Okay. I'll admit. It was easy for me. Well, History is my favorite subject. That's why." I raised my two hands like a police told me to freeze.

"You're too proud." Dianne snorted.

"You forced me to."

We continued to sipped on our frappes and ate our pastas. Then we opened a different topic. My phone suddenly buzz in my pocket.

"Hold on for a sec, guys. Gonna answer this call." I said then moved away from them.

"Hello?" I answered as I accept the call.

"Mike!"

"Yes, Mia?"

"Where are you?" She asked.

"I'm here at the café across the street. I'm with my friends."

"Oh! You must be celebrating." She said.

"Huh? Why do we need to celebrate?"

"You still don't know?"

"Know what?" I asked in confusion.

"Oh! I see. I'll tell you when we meet."

"Where are you?"

"Here in our classroom."

"I'll come by." As I said those, I ended up the call and went to my friends.

"Sorry guys. I need to go."

"Why?" Isaiah asked.

"I'm going to the school. I forgot something." I reasoned.

"Okay. Thanks for the treat, Mike." Ydrii said.

"You're welcome." I said then I hurriedly crossed the street. I went inside the campus again and looked for Mia's classroom. I saw her in front of her locker.

"So what is it?" I asked.

"Oh Mike? I thought you're just kidding." Mia said.

"Well, I'm not. Hahaha So what's the thing that I should be celebrating?"

"You perfected Mr. Stein's test!" She exclaimed.

I gaped. Then I pulled her into my arms unconsciously then I smiled. Wanting for this moment to last. Then I whispered "I love you." Not knowing that I said it.

"What?" She asked.

"Oh! I said thank you." I answered still hugging her.

"Umm. I think you should stop hugging her now." Rosie said.

I put a space between Mia and I, ending the hug.

"Oh sorry. I didn't know you're there, Rosie."

"Yeah. 'Cos you're too busy with Mia." She rolled her eyes.

"Don't mind her, Mike." Mia said.

"I'm sorry for the hug. I'm just shocked." I apologized.

"Oh. It's nothing." She answered as she closed her locker after putting her books in.

"Let me hold it for you." I said then hold her bag.

"Thank you." She said.

"By the way, how did you know that I got a perfect score?"

"Well, Mr. Stein is our adviser. After we, Rosie and I, finished the test, he asked us if we could helped him check the papers. Then I got the papers from your class."

"Is that so?" I asked.

"Yup. I didn't know that you and my sister were classmates."

"Who's your sister? I didn't know that you have a sister."

"Ericka. Ericka Soriano."

"Why didn't I know about that?"

"Why?"

"Because Ericka is one of my friends."

"Oh! What a small world."

We reached the exit of the building. The carpark could be seen on this area so I saw that their van was waiting for her. Rosie and Mia said their goodbyes to each other as we parted our ways. I said my goodbye too but she just rolled her eyes at me. Mia just laughed at us. Mia and I walked towards their van.

"You know, I can help you be friends with Rosie." She said.

"I can handle it."

"Well I insist so I will still help you."

"Okay. If that's what you want."

I saw Ericka tapping her phone as their driver opened the door for Mia to come in. Suddenly, Ericka noticed my presence then she looked at me, shocked.

"Why're you with my sister?" She asked.

"Oh. We just hanged out." I smiled.

"Are you her boyfriend?" She asked.

Well I wished I was.

"No, Ericka. Me and Mike were just friends." Mia said.

"Yep. That's true." I agreed even though my heart doesn't.

"By the way, Mia, here's your bag."

"Oh. Thank you. I almost forgot."

"No problem. Anytime."

"Okay. I believed you. Mike is very shy for him to court somebody." Ericka teased.

"Well, am not." I snorted.

"Prove it." She dared me.

"Okay. You'll see." I smirked.

"Goodbye Mike, we gotta go now." Mia said.

"Yeah. I gotta go now too."

"Goodbye!" Ericka and Mia wave at me.

"Goodbye!" I waved.

I headed towards my car where Kuya Gabby was waiting. He drove me home.

~RefMonster
Will Mike do Ericka's dare? How? Is he sure about his feeling towards Mia?