Chapter 5

"Good Morning World!" I greeted loudly and goofily as I stand up from lying on my bed. I started out my day with a huge smile on my face. I really don't know why I feel this way today. I greeted every member of the faculty and staffs as I see them on my way. Some smiled, some greeted too. I saw my friend, Ron, sitting on a bench under the tree alone. He was reading a book. I went to him and sat beside him.

"Good Morning Ron!" I smiled.

"What's with the big smile?" He asked not greeting back.

"You know, normal people greeted back."

"Well, good morning too." He chuckled.

"Now, what's with this big smile of yours? I never saw you like that." He said then put his attention back on the book.

"To tell you honestly, I really don't know. I just woke up with this smile printed on my face."

"Of all the students, you're the only one who got a huge smile on his face during Exams Day." He said.

Exams day.. Exams day.. Exams day..

It keeps on ringing on my head when I heard him say that.

"WHAT?!" I screamed.

"Don't you know? It was only announced last week. You can't be that forgetful."

"I MUST GO TO THE LIBRARY BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!" I shouted at him while running towards the library.

"The exams will start in an hour and a half."

I ran towards the building where the library was located. As soon as I entered the library, I immediately went to find the books I needed. After I got the books, I put them on the nearest table available and sat on the chair to start my review. I looked at my watch to see the time, 7:13 AM. Seems like I only have an hour and seventeen minutes to finish the lessons. I quickly skim and scan on the books and jotted down some information. I only read on the lessons we tackled in class. I was like Flash while studying but to my fortune, I still remember it all a bit vividly. I was about to returned the books when I suddenly bumped into someone after standing up and turning around to go to the shelves. We lost holds on our books causing them to be scattered on the floor.

"Sorry." I said guiltily and scratched the back of my head, looking down without even seeing her face.

"I'm sorr.. YOU AGAIN?!" She shouted pointing her finger at me making me to look at her. The librarian rang her bell and told us to keep it down.

"We're sorry." We said in unison.

"But I'm not sorry to you." Rosie whispered.

I sighed heavily with my eyes shut before I look at her in her eyes. "Look, it was my fault so I am really sorry for this and for what happened last time." I sighed and picked up the books that were laid on the floor. She helped me picked up our books making it faster. As we stood up, I heard a familiar voice.

"Rosie!" She shouted from the entrance of the library. We looked at where the voice came. The librarian glared at her telling to keep her mouth shut. She headed her way to us. As she arrived, she looked at us. Confusion registered in her face.

"You two know each other?" She asked.

"Not really." I answered her.

"I barely know his name." Rosie added.

"Okay. I'll introduced you to him. Rosie this is Mike. And, Mike this is Rosie, my bestfriend." She said with gestures.

"I now doubt your stories, Mia. He's not even nice." She snorted.

"He is kinda nice to me." Mia said defending me. "Wait a second, I thought you don't know him. By the tone of your voice, it seems that you have been with him for quite some time."

"I'll tell you the story, for now let's leave, Mia." She dragged her out.

Mia looked at me and said, "I'm sorry, Mike. I'll make it up to you."

"It's okay." I smiled at her then wave.

"Ugh!" Rosie rolled her eyes.

"Sorry!" Mia mouthed.

I just smiled at her. After they leaved, I just wagged my head and sighed. I put back the books to where it belong. Then the school bell rung the whole school campus even in the library where the silence resides, most of the time. It means the exams will start in any minute now.

~RefMonster
This is lame, I know. I'll make it up to you on the next chapter.