Chapter 7

One school-less morning, I was sitting on a chair in front of my computer. I was watching videos, random videos on YouTube.

*tok.. tok.. tok..*

"Come in!" I shouted.

After that, Manang Luring appeared on the doorway after she opened the door.

"Mike, you have visitors." She said.

"Who are they?" I asked and put my eyes on her.

"Um.. They said that 'it's for you to find out'."

"Okay. Tell them, I'll be right there after a few minutes."

Then she leave my room. I wonder who could they be. I paused the video I was watching then fixed the things that needed some cleaning in my bedroom. Then I went downstairs to meet my visitors.

As I walked down the steps of the stairs, I saw who they were inch by inch. On the midway to the ground floor, I ran the remaining steps as I realized who they were. I ran to my old friends back in my old town. I hugged them one by one not realizing that I was running out of oxygen due to excitement. As soon as I hugged them all, I gasped for some air with a smile on my face.

"Wow! You guys really surprised me." I said while sitting on the one-seater couch in the living room.

"That's the plan." Matt said.

"How did you guys found our house?" I asked them.

"We simply asked your Mom about it." Roi answered me.

"And she didn't even told me about it." I disappointedly said. But I'm not really disappointed.

"It's part of the plan. If she told you about it, you won't be surprised." Leiah explained.

"Okay, I understand. Do you guys want something to eat?" I asked.

"You don't need to ask." Joco chuckled.

I led them to our dinning room. I didn't bother to ask Manang Luring for her help to prepare the foods because Matt and Joco helped me prepare them. They were the only ones who knew how to cook. All of them didn't know how to cook except for them and Leiah. I prepared the lemonade while Matt and Joco cooked the spaghetti and french fries.

"You guys okay there?" I asked Matt and Joco.

"Yeah! We know how to cook so don't worry about us." Matt  said.

"Okay. Just don't set our kitchen on fire or else my mom will gonna kill you." I warned him with a small chuckle.

"Yeah, we know and for your information,
I won the cooking contest in school this year." Joco proudly said.

"Is that true?" I turned my head to my other friends to see if they agree with Joco's statement but only to find them busy chitchatting about something that I didn't know.

"Leiah?" I caught her attention.

"Yes, Mike?"

"Did Joco really won the cooking contest?"

"Yeah. He won at that contest, why?"

"Wow! Mike. You really don't believe me. Why?" Joco said.

"It's just that Leiah always win."

"So, Leiah, how come that Joco beat you?" i asked her.

"I didn't join this year." She said.

"That explains it."

"You're still the same Mike I knew. I hate you." Joco said while trying to mimic the crying of a baby.

We all laughed at Joco's face. He looked so childish and immature. We went upstairs to my room and watched a couple of movies, namely Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix and X-Men: Days of the Future Past. I enjoyed having their company at this kind of day. While watching, I realized how fortunate I was to have true friends around me. I couldn't help but let a tear to fell down from my eye. Well, it was a tear of joy and just a small tear that no one could even notice. I quickly wiped it off my cheek. Hours have passed and it was already 5 and a quarter in the afternoon. Time for them to go back home.

"Mike, it was nice seeing you in your new house." Roi said to me.

"Yeah! And tell your mom that I was really amazed by her taste on house designs." Debs said while looking on the exterior design of the facade of our house.

"Yeah I'll tell her that." I answered.

"...and it was nice seeing all of you again."

While having our goodbyes to each other, Mom and Dad came home. They parked their car inside our slightly spacious garage. After climbing out the car, they walked towards me and noticed my company.

"Hey Dad." I hugged him. "...Mom" I hugged her too.

"Hello Mr. and Mrs. Reyes." They greeted with a smile on their faces to my parents.

"Oh! Hello kids. Are you already leaving?" Dad asked them.

"Yes Sir. We were about to leave when you arrived." Matt answered my dad.

"Oh! I guess you guys won't be joining us on dinner." My mom said.

"I'm afraid no. Maybe next time." Leiah said.

"Okay. So who's driving?" My Dad asked.

"I am." Matt answered.

"Be careful Matt." My Dad advised. Yeah. My parents knew them all. We even have a vacation with all of my friends. But despite the fact that they were hanging out with me and my family, they still kept their respect and still obey my parents.

"Aye aye sir!" He said.

"Okay. That's good to hear. And son, your Mom and I are going upstairs. Call us when you need something." He brushed my hair then walked to enter the house.

"So Mike, we have to leave now. Goodbye, Mike." Matt said and then hugged me. Our hugged became a group hug when each of them started to join the hug.

"Goodbye guys. See you around." I smile.

They were finding their seats inside the van. Matt looked at them as if guiding them on entering the van with his eyes. As soon as they were all inside. Matt turned to me.

"By the way Mike, the school will hold a ball open for all. It'll be by the end of the month. So you in?" He invited.

"I'm in."

"We'll expect you to be there." He said.

"I'll come. Just message me the details."

"Okay."

He entered his van and closed the door then opened the window.

"Bye Mike!" They all waved to me.

"Bye guys! Be careful." I said.

~RefMonster